mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think thats legit reason. It makes me mad there no workout arm band holder for the nexus
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Original SWARM

There are several things about the Iphone I find flawed or annoying but I still prefer it to the other phones out so far. I might even look at a Mac next time instead of building a PC.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Blasphemous!!!!
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
the only thing more annoying than apple fanboyism, is apple fanboy haterism. TO EACH THEIR OWN. I highly appreciate apples product design and aesthetic, I consider Jobs to be one of the greatest guys ever in his field and a true pioneer, but I don't own a single apple product because I demand price-performance value out of electronic technology... they get replaced too often to invest a ton of money in (Tools on the other hand, I will spend vast quantities of money on, whether it's hand tools or machine tools... because they will outlast my life). Many people would just rather be attached to their electronics, so let em go ahead and spend extra on it, it's their money! and let em be obsessed with it even, maybe it's their passion or they have nothing else to be passionate about... not for us to judge.
Err, no he wasnt.
What he was is a brilliant marketeer and a business man. No more, no less.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
I know these SAME people in the video. However, I don't think owning an Apple Product makes you a cultist.

I own an Iphone because, although I KNOW the Droid platform is more powerful and less restrictive - I just wanted ease of use, pretty interface, and simplicity. In short, it does everything I want it to - and I didn't want it to do much.

My neighbor is a Droid geek and the stuff he does with his phone is insane.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I know these SAME people in the video.
TF
Oh, you know Mr. Valenzano?

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Eh, I used to think that Macs were overpriced computers and iPhones were just overhyped.

I used to own a Droid and a windows laptop. I now own an iPhone and a Macbook. I like my Macbook and iPhone a LOT more than I did the alternative.

You can definitely tweak a Droid or pc a lot more. I wrote a few apps for my Droid over a weekend this past summer. I wouldn't attempt it for IOS.

The big reason I love my Macintosh is because it's just streamlined a lot more than a windows ever was for me. No, the performance stats of my 13" macbook pro aren't, on paper, as good as my latitude that cost the exact same price. Does that mean the PC is faster? Not really, my Macbook lags much less than my PC counterpart did. My dad's brand new $2400 machine still feels sluggish to me after using my Mac.

Also, gestures are pretty cool......Not saying it's the end-all-computing-trend, but I'll just say don't knock it until you've tried it. After a week or two of using my computer, it was second nature. When I work on a PC I find myself trying to use touchpad swipes and what not and I have a "Doh!" moment when nothing happens.

I will wrap up my wall of text by saying that I still use PC's a lot though. In my line of work, with loads of photo and video editing being a daily task, the workflow that a Mac offers is brilliant. That's why I use a lot of Apple stuff. That said, I will say PC's do some things better. I do most of my printing through a PC, I do most of my publication design on a PC, and I do most of my live recording on a PC due to the much larger third party.

Use whatever helps you get the job done. For some, and me, that's a Mac. For some, it's a PC. To each their own.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Eh, I used to think that Macs were overpriced computers and iPhones were just overhyped.

I used to own a Droid and a windows laptop. I now own an iPhone and a Macbook. I like my Macbook and iPhone a LOT more than I did the alternative.

You can definitely tweak a Droid or pc a lot more. I wrote a few apps for my Droid over a weekend this past summer. I wouldn't attempt it for IOS.

The big reason I love my Macintosh is because it's just streamlined a lot more than a windows ever was for me. No, the performance stats of my 13" macbook pro aren't, on paper, as good as my latitude that cost the exact same price. Does that mean the PC is faster? Not really, my Macbook lags much less than my PC counterpart did. My dad's brand new $2400 machine still feels sluggish to me after using my Mac.

Also, gestures are pretty cool......Not saying it's the end-all-computing-trend, but I'll just say don't knock it until you've tried it. After a week or two of using my computer, it was second nature. When I work on a PC I find myself trying to use touchpad swipes and what not and I have a "Doh!" moment when nothing happens.

I will wrap up my wall of text by saying that I still use PC's a lot though. In my line of work, with loads of photo and video editing being a daily task, the workflow that a Mac offers is brilliant. That's why I use a lot of Apple stuff. That said, I will say PC's do some things better. I do most of my printing through a PC, I do most of my publication design on a PC, and I do most of my live recording on a PC due to the much larger third party.

Use whatever helps you get the job done. For some, and me, that's a Mac. For some, it's a PC. To each their own.
For the majority of Apple's existence, the mac line has been overpriced. They had a design edge that helped justify some of the cost but, in recent history, the power/speed/gaming capability of a computer has mattered less than the interface design for the vast majority of the market now. Kind of like how facebook games, and simple ones (plants vs zombies, angry birds, etc) are dominating the gaming market- more people want simple.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography