mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

This is exactly how i feel about iphones

**** Apple Fanatics Say
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
First Mate

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ThickChestHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

the only thing more annoying than apple fanboyism, is apple fanboy haterism. TO EACH THEIR OWN. I highly appreciate apples product design and aesthetic, I consider Jobs to be one of the greatest guys ever in his field and a true pioneer, but I don't own a single apple product because I demand price-performance value out of electronic technology... they get replaced too often to invest a ton of money in (Tools on the other hand, I will spend vast quantities of money on, whether it's hand tools or machine tools... because they will outlast my life). Many people would just rather be attached to their electronics, so let em go ahead and spend extra on it, it's their money! and let em be obsessed with it even, maybe it's their passion or they have nothing else to be passionate about... not for us to judge.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

The reason for the haters is you have a whole cult of people walking around believing their farts don't stink never once admitting that it well and truly is an inferior phone

Besides that it was just a funny video lets not get crazy
Aka "wagz" on the field

Last edited by Keebler; 09-07-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

no, it's not an inferior phone, or it wouldn't be so successful. iPhones have excellent interface design and truly pioneered in that regard, they are very nice to look at and all around very well received. Sure, android phones may have some technical advantages in many aspects, but there is more to a phones success than processing power, multi-tasking, HD video, flash support, removable storage, and so on.

read my second sentence in my previous post once again, and comprehend it.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hey im totally cool with people buying an inferior product for no other reason than they simply prefer that inferior product. So long as they are aware that their product is inferior and that admit that they bought it simply because they wanted too.
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 09-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
chuff chuff

When I discuss the iPhone vs Android debate, I bring up the story of trying to remove a virus from my fiances parents computer. The internet was not working on the computer, but I was able to download anti-virus software onto my Android phone and transfer it to the computer with ease. You just can't do that with Apple devices being so locked down.

Just recently at my work a few of us Android users were on this topic with an Apple user, who also used to work at the Apple store. He liked that his iPhone/iPad worked together well, but that was about all he had to say. So not all Apple fanboys say ridiculous things If he wasn't so invested in Apple he would probably switch to the 'droid.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Actually my friend mike bought a iphone switching from a droid because it syncs with his car radio which he said something about it being designed to sync with iphone? He hates the phone but loves his car
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 09-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
It's only funny and they only get defensive because it's true, and we know the truth hurts. Thus the defensive response.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

When the iPhone came out, reviewers panned the performance of it as a phone. However, they got on top of that for a good while until the 4 had that glaring antenna problem.

I just recently picked up the iPhone not for it's interface (I've not yet come across a cellphone too complex to do what I want with it), not for all the apps (even now, after a couple months, I've only gotten three) but, for the implications of it's popularity: A ridiculous number of physical accessories (speaker docks, camera lenses, cases, etc, etc).

I compared it to the two latest Motorolas (having been a Motorola fan long before the razr) before I bought the iPhone, and I found them too big (length and width) and at the same time, too light weight and plastic toy feeling. So for me, the choice was clear even though I'm not a fan of Apple's anti-flash stance, proprietary connectors, and and at times, arbitrary app blocking practices.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography