mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 09-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Im not sayin either is easier or harder. I appreciate both. Still for other reasons unrelated to this thread im glad i got out of the business. But on the other hand makes me feel like in wasting all that time i spent in school for it and all the certs i got.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonMarket

Honestly, I like the fact that some people at least recognize the difference a good camera can do. In this day and age when people consider a phone a decent substitute for a camera (and the built in light a real substitute for a flash), it's somewhat reassuring that some people still tend to get that there is a difference.

Action hero at www.flashpointevent.se
Media jedi at www.tacticalstore.se
PoisonMarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
My camera CAN'T take pictures, I take pictures.
Really? Sweet!

I can't wait to see some of the photos you have made without bothering to use a camera!

Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

A photographer cant make a photograph without a camera.
A camera cant make a photograph without a photographer.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymzor View Post
A photographer cant make a photograph without a camera.
A camera cant make a photograph without a photographer.
I don't know. I can think of a number of very nice cameras attached to robots that have produced a lot of kickass images that non of us could ever hope to come close to producing. (Mainly because I strongly doubt any of us would actually make it to the locations in question to out do the robots.)

I don't know about the rest of you, but my cameras record very nice photographs. They just take far better photographs when I manage to get my settings right, and have the thing pointed in the right direction at the right time.

(Yes, it does bug me when people get highly offended because someone who likely doesn't know better was attempting to compliment them.)
Old 09-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #36 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I get more upset over people who have had their first DSLR for a few months and start their own "photography business" than I do over an uneducated person who looks at my D4 and says "That must take great pictures!".

Bottom line, my D4 with a 35mm 1.4 set on P with Auto ISO and 51 point AF-C does take good pictures in the hands of an uneducated person.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #37 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
I don't know. I can think of a number of very nice cameras attached to robots that have produced a lot of kickass images that non of us could ever hope to come close to producing.
In my opinion robots can take amazing pictures/images but not photographs. :P
Old 09-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frink View Post
I get more upset over people who have had their first DSLR for a few months and start their own "photography business" than I do over an uneducated person who looks at my D4 and says "That must take great pictures!".

Bottom line, my D4 with a 35mm 1.4 set on P with Auto ISO and 51 point AF-C does take good pictures in the hands of an uneducated person.
Yes, modern imaging technology is wonderful. Easy to produce 'good' or 'nice' images, which I'm happy with for the most part, but even after a year I'm still struggling to capture anything that one would call 'really good', and feel that I'm no where near something I could call 'great'.

I'm no where near knowing enough to do what someone like Mike Deep could do on a bad day, but I have my fun puttering around.

And of course anyone who isn't a real professional or experienced photographer seems to think that because I have a big camera with a 200mm lens that it means I actually have a clue about what I'm doing. I bought a red rebel as my first real camera, in part, to try and avoid that, but of course that didn't help at all. Now I have a 7D and a pile of off camera flash gear, so I really don't want to try and guess at how many photography job offers I will be getting next year for weddings. (Almost as bad as the people asking me to fix their computer after they hear I have a degree in computer sciences. No. I do not know what is wrong with your computer. Would you like me to analyse your industrial work flow and help you find optimizations?)
Old 09-16-2012, 01:49 AM   #39 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

This thread entertains me as much as when I see somebody that just spent 5k in gear and still shooting in green box mode..... I see way too often with rich tourists.

(Watched 2 weeks ago a Russian couple with a gripped 60D, 70-200 MKII IS shooting animals in a zoo at night. As if the green box of glory plus built in flash is going to light up an elephant at 30 metres ....Highly entertaining fail)
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
(Almost as bad as the people asking me to fix their computer after they hear I have a degree in computer sciences. No. I do not know what is wrong with your computer. Would you like me to analyse your industrial work flow and help you find optimizations?)
Made me laugh.

Sparky, that one gets me too.

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography