mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Local Photo Expo

So I spent yesterday, the second day of the two, at the local PhotoExpo put on by a local camera shop. They rented out the entire smaller convention center, had one of the larger rooms set up to sell stuff, and another eight rooms set up for various seminars, including some where the photographers were pretty big wigs, and just talked about some of their experiences. It was free to the public, and they had several manufacturer reps present in the sales room to not only answer questions, but to offer deals on photo gear (I picked up a pair of Transcendence 32 GB SD cards that offer 85mbs transfer rates for $39 each). Went to a few of the seminars, and although I didn't learn alot that I didn't already know, it was definitely good to go through them. All of the seminars were repeated on each day, but some were repeated twice in the same day.

Even though it is basically a big sale thing for the local camera store, (The manufacturers that sent reps for sales probably paid almost enough for their table space to rent the entire convention hall), if you have one locally, then head out to check them out. They are pretty helpful.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I'm lucky in that where I live is huge for Photograohy. Elton John lives in the area with the worlds largest private photograph collection (so I'm told). I made two lectures last month and hope to hit a couple this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

Man that's a cheap deal on the memory cards. I just bought the 16 gig version for 40 bucks. Damn. Want to trade ?

Would love to hit up some of the local photography events, but my luck is poor and I'm always in the wrong spot at the right time.
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography