mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
G.O.A.T

LR4 for video?

So what all video editing can be done in LR4? I just snagged a Hero2 and am just curious if/and what all video editing can be done within LR. Also can you use LR to export Gopro footage from the MP4 to say AVI for use in programs like Windows/live movie maker? Thanks in advance
madasax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Consider it an organizer, not an editor. There are some MINOR editing tweaks, but nothing worth using in my opinion.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
G.O.A.T

Thats kinda what I figured....I have made decent videos with WMM and WLMM anyways Just for Windows MM you cannot import direct MP4 videos from the Gopro. but thats easy to fix. I took a still with the Hero2 & ran it through LR4 did some tweaks and was very impressed. I got a hero2 (motorsport) with the suction cup & mounts LN for 100$
Old 04-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I use a Hero2 as well. I was working on a project a while back and in one of the clips I used a GoPro on top of a tractor cab. I edited one photo from a 10 minute time lapse and then batch processed about 600 photos in under a minute and exported them as a movie. That's really where Lightroom shines compared to other editors. Batch editing makes my workflow sooo much more clean-cut.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
G.O.A.T

Yea i havent done that yet but thats one reason i finally snagged a hero2 - good quality and I can leave it outside if need be without worry of weather/falling over ect...And I wanted something small, durable and more "elemental" friendly. And i have heard mixed reviews of the Hero3's and dont have the cash for a 300-400 dollar Gopro. I bought an HD hero but was not super impressed, the Hero2 is much better.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography