mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Photography (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/photography/)
-   -   GoPro and editing for a newbie (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/photography/233065-gopro-editing-newbie.html)

Shane-O 05-08-2013 04:11 PM

GoPro and editing for a newbie

Ok, I have the Go Pro software to convert the files. But I am looking for a simple video editor to make small videos for youtube. Any tips on free or low cost software that has a good tutorial on making fade in and outs, and adding text to videos? Or adding music even?

So next question, what format is best to convert to for quality and smaller file size so it doesnt take forever to upload to youtube.

There is tons of info out on the web, but I trust most everyone in here to give solid, reliable advice.

Thanks!

heinous 05-08-2013 04:39 PM

how simple? youtube has its own editor. you can just upload all your raw footage as private, mash them up on youtube, and make only the result public.

Tracker 05-08-2013 04:55 PM

if you want to get deeper into the control, like being able to change FPS speeds and such, i recommend cyberlink power director, a lot of the software out there today will only edit in "standard" formats 640x480, 800x600, 1280x720 and 1920x1080 at 30FPS,, as most consumer grade equipment only records at 29.92 fps.. if your recording in 60, a LOT of the software out there doesn't like 60, if you try to slow down the frame rate.. things get.. funny

but if all your looking at is fade in/fade out, and clipping.. youtubes editor should be enough

Tracker

Shane-O 05-09-2013 11:57 AM

Does the youtube editor allow for text in the clip? Or at least a title before the footage?

Meph 05-09-2013 01:02 PM

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 (just starting out), which is super expensive if you chose to buy it like I definitely did, absolutely true. However GoPro has their own software, Cineform. I can't comment on its quality as I don't use it, but free is better than nothing.

GoPro CineForm Studio

Shane-O 05-09-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meph (Post 2704570)
I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 (just starting out), which is super expensive if you chose to buy it like I definitely did, absolutely true. However GoPro has their own software, Cineform. I can't comment on its quality as I don't use it, but free is better than nothing.

GoPro CineForm Studio

I have Cineform, but it only seems to be able to convert and take clips out of raw footage.

Falcon16 05-11-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meph (Post 2704570)

GoPro CineForm Studio

*cough pirate bay*

PoisonMarket 05-12-2013 04:21 PM

**** Pirate Bay, that's why we are stuck with this Adobe cloud **** now. :mad::censored:

There are cheaper options that work plenty well for basic to intermedia editing if YT is the target. Videopad is essentially free, and if you are willing to pay a little you can buy Movie Studio or similar.