mcarterbrown.com  

Photography Grab your camera and video equipment and head on inside!

Old 10-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rec Poster

FreeEnterprise, glad to see you in this discussion . I've been following you on YouTube & your setup tutorial really helped me out. I lost some really nice shots back when I had my camera mounted to the side. Darn A5 hopper :P.

I'm running a Contour Roam & A5. I just ordered an Apex 2 off of Amazon last night!

By the way, has anyone heard of the Nabi Look HD? I just saw it at Best Buy tonight. It is around $170 and the thing runs 60fps in 1080p, comes with waterproof case, wireless remote, and a detatchable LCD... But they are marketing it as a kid's camera.

I can't find out much about it at all. This is the only vid I could find that shows actual footage

NABI LOOK HD used at the Monster Jam - Louisville KY (1-26-2013) - YouTube

I'd like to see how well it handles in actual action situations, but that's a lot of camera for the price.
Skunk Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Shampoo View Post
FreeEnterprise, glad to see you in this discussion . I've been following you on YouTube & your setup tutorial really helped me out. I lost some really nice shots back when I had my camera mounted to the side. Darn A5 hopper :P.

I'm running a Contour Roam & A5. I just ordered an Apex 2 off of Amazon last night!

By the way, has anyone heard of the Nabi Look HD? I just saw it at Best Buy tonight. It is around $170 and the thing runs 60fps in 1080p, comes with waterproof case, wireless remote, and a detatchable LCD... But they are marketing it as a kid's camera.

I can't find out much about it at all. This is the only vid I could find that shows actual footage

I'd like to see how well it handles in actual action situations, but that's a lot of camera for the price.
Are you sure about that? Everything I have seen shows that it only does 30fps at 1920 x 1080. Seems like a knockoff GoPro, not sure if it has a swappable battery. Hell, look for the Jaks Pacific Action Camera. The $100 one does HD, and a pretty good sensor for changing light conditions.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Ah! The security device strapped to the box was covering the specs. I just saw 1080p on one side and 60 on the other. Guess I just jumped to conclusions .

I will have to give the Jaks Pacific action cam a look. I like to know what all is out there.
Skunk Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Shampoo View Post

Glad my content has helped you out! You will love the Apex, just set it at 4 clicks and leave it until you get used to it.

I still think for the money the Contour Roam is one of the best HD cameras on the market for filming paintball, especially when mounted on your visor. It just stinks they went out of business... I bought a waterproof case, to protect mine, and I need to get it set up and use it. I took a good cam hit on Saturday on mine... Which always makes me nervous... Course we have two Roams so if one goes down we will still have one...

I have some footage that I am currently editing that is just crazy cool. I was sneaking around and found a guy hiding in a playhouse with his head sticking up. I fired and the shot goes RIGHT AT his head, and you can see him ducking out of the way as I am so far away! It is a VERY cool piece of film... I'm thinking of making another "regular action cam vs ZoomCam" video... Since I have a whole bunch of shots from both my helmet cam AND my ZoomCam and with the helmet cam you can see exactly NOTHING, but with my ZoomCam you can SEE the hits! Even way out there. I shot a guy at 175 feet away on Saturday and you can see the paint heading right at him!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
I still think for the money the Contour Roam is one of the best HD cameras on the market for filming paintball, especially when mounted on your visor. It just stinks they went out of business... I bought a waterproof case, to protect mine, and I need to get it set up and use it. I took a good cam hit on Saturday on mine... Which always makes me nervous... Course we have two Roams so if one goes down we will still have one...
I know that you are a sneaky creepy type of player, so paint your case. I painted mine, did a pretty decent job of it. You don't want shiny clear plastic, a neon like yellow/green pointing you out.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I have mine in a drawer... I never used it.

I did take yet another direct hit on the 15th. (the hit is on my instagram account) with no problems!

Instagram

Now that they are making Roams again, I'm not worried about it getting broken as I can just get a new one if it happens.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Photography