mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 02-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
AKA Doughnut Holeschtein

i cant wait for the bcf that happens when an app group that "tested" their app has a critical failure due to some patch that was ignored ...

hey .. if it were easy .. anybody could do it... if it was fun .. it'd be a hobby and they wouldn't pay us to do it ... (and it would be paintball)

bcf = biblical cluster fark
OldGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I could be rude and make some comment about "at last payback to those IT bums with god complexes" but that wouldn't be very nice would it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
A Secret Police Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim View Post
I could be rude and make some comment about "at last payback to those IT bums with god complexes" but that wouldn't be very nice would it?
I wouldn't do that, cause we are god. And users are dumb.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Fully Stocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrekel View Post
I wouldn't do that, cause we are god. And users are dumb.
Really.... Well If I can't get the building automation system to understand that it needs to start earlier it gonna be a COLD DAY IN HELL....

Believe me this change affects alot of us LOSERS.... i mean users and abusers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
A KL is like a samuri sword and should reflect the soul of the owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
We came up with a plan... it involved a hijacked truck, two strippers, and lots of brass...
Latoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
AKA Doughnut Holeschtein

Quote:
Yikes ... had some bad experiences with your support guys eh?

Old 02-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Oh yeah... I edited the title of this thread to reflect the proper spelling/grammar as denoted by this:

Quote:
Spelling and grammar

The official spelling is Daylight Saving Time, not Daylight SavingS Time.

Saving is used here as a verbal adjective (a participle). It modifies time and tells us more about its nature; namely, that it is characterized by the activity of saving daylight. It is a saving daylight kind of time. Similar examples would be a mind expanding book or a man eating tiger. Saving is used in the same way as saving a ball game, rather than as a savings account.

Nevertheless, many people feel the word savings (with an 's') flows more mellifluously off the tongue. Daylight Savings Time is also in common usage, and can be found in dictionaries.

Adding to the confusion is that the phrase Daylight Saving Time is inaccurate, since no daylight is actually saved. Daylight Shifting Time would be better, but it is not as politically desirable.
http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

Old 02-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehalcik View Post
Yikes ... had some bad experiences with your support guys eh?

Oddly enough, it's usually the people who cause their own problems that don't like us techie types !

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
Oddly enough, it's usually the people who cause their own problems that don't like us techie types !
Either that or someone who has an IT dept 12 hours away and gets NO responce what so ever when asking for assistance

At my last job we learned not to say anything that could be remotely construed as criticism or be but on the "do not respond to" list.
Of course most techie types seem to think that it takes an engineer to really screw up a system. I don't know why that is, We're just trying to cut their work load by helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
AKA Doughnut Holeschtein

Quote:
Either that or someone who has an IT dept 12 hours away and gets NO responce what so ever when asking for assistance

At my last job we learned not to say anything that could be remotely construed as criticism or be but on the "do not respond to" list.
Of course most techie types seem to think that it takes an engineer to really screw up a system. I don't know why that is, We're just trying to cut their work load by helping

I love power users ... i ascribe to the theory of teach a man to fish ... and to the theory that if it bugs you, it bugs me ...

Regards

Eric
Old 03-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
call me H8 for short

Sorry, gotta respond, couple of points 1st. Why can't we just stay on DLT year around, I would rather have it dark at 5 am than being brighter than noon waking me up at that point.

2nd IT guys bite. They cost me my last job as an engineer. We had two different systems at this place. We had the CAD department on another system seperate from everyone else. It was a pain to have to transfer from one system to another not to mention I had 2 radiation screens pointed at me. They started screwing around with the screen saver and made everyones the same. This in itself is not bad but it was the saver they chose that was driving me in sane and making me throw up. They chose that stupid one were there is a word bouncing around on the screen. That monitor was off set to my CAD station so I was actually getting motion sickness from seeing this out of the corner of my eye. I told the IT department what was happening and of course their ASSinine solution was just turn off the monitor. Well then when I need to use that computer I have to wait 15 minutes for it to warm up (these computers were orginally bought circa 1990). I ended up telling them off. That if they had enough time to make sure everyone had the same screen saver why didn't they have enough time to do something useful like combine the networks so I would only have one computer in my cubical. I think I also may have made a comment about the head data nazi. He was a viatnam vet that had gotten hit with one of those exploding trash cans and it split him right open down the chest. I think I may have said something like "its too bad the Vietcoms didn't do a better job on him." Needless to say IT department started monitoring all my email and that is what got me fired. I sent email of non-business related topics.

ASK ME ABOUT MY 5 YEAR PLAN TO FINISH YOUR MARKERS! NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR THE NEXT H8TR BUILD, TO BE COMPLETED JUNE 2019!
davidwirth is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in