mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #101 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

Send a message via AIM to DFSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
is that kind of small? I guess we can all build towers and then expand skyward out of the castle walls. And make the keep out of obsidian? or better yet have the op or admin spawn bedrock to make the keep out of.
not really. my tower is only 45 blocks high (not including the tip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you win at everything forever.
(11:26:32 PM) Mayvik: PS where the **** have you been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #102 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Sizes
The map is randomly generated at the start of a game, unless it has been edited by the administrator of a server. The random generation of maps includes sheer cliffs, trees, caverns and hills.

In Classic and Indev, maps can be generated in "small", "normal" (256x256x64) and "huge" sizes.

In Infdev and Alpha, maps are infinitely big. They are made up of chunks; as the player explores the map distant chunks are generated automatically, leading to theoretically infinite maps. In practice, technical reasons force the maximum map size to 8 times the surface area of the Earth [1]. Whilst the Horizontal planes of the Maps are vast in size, the vertical plane remains at a fixed 128 Block height [2]. Although player deviation outside the bounds of the generated map is possible, such as via the void in gaps of the bedrock, it will result in recurring damage until the players death.
secretweaponevan ~ "That wasn't in the instructions. Don't try to outsmart physics. Read and follow the instructions."
secretweaponevan ~ "You did great with following the instructions. Just so you know, that puts you in the top 1%."
Notch ~ "* Hoes now produce proper seeds"
ApoC_101 ~ "I don't always use freak inserts, but when I do, I use Ty McNeer brass inserts"

If you are having MCB Minecraft Server issues click HERE ~ ~ ~ Get DropBox and an Extra 250MB
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #103 (permalink)
Meow.

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
so, any ideas for Castle MCB? i say a 100x100 square around the spawn point.
I say 150X150, flat ground, and we each get ?X? amount of ground to build on and can expand upwards from there, Iron doors requiring circuitry to enter (when redstone is fixed) the keep made of obsidian (or bedrock) walls should be 10+ bricks high (just for kicks ) and we need a moat around it (water or lava moat will do :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagels View Post
When face palm is not enough, you face rocket.
i8pie2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #104 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

i say it's only necessary if we start a new map. as it is, everyone's plenty protected.

obsidian keep is a good idea: creepers won't destroy it. i don't think we should use admin bedrock, it's only cool if we start with a truly random map.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #105 (permalink)
Meow.

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
i say it's only necessary if we start a new map. as it is, everyone's plenty protected.

obsidian keep is a good idea: creepers won't destroy it. i don't think we should use admin bedrock, it's only cool if we start with a truly random map.
yeah all these plans were for if we started a new map :P

Oh and (if tnt doesn't destroy obsidian) an obsidian room full of TNT just for kicks? Player can light tnt in the room and watch it go bang just because? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagels View Post
When face palm is not enough, you face rocket.
i8pie2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #106 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

yeah obsidian withstands tnt.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #107 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

Send a message via AIM to DFSniper

creepers cant destroy stone, right?

and i dont think we need to have segregated spaces. the more you play, the more you should be able to build. as long as you dont interfere with someone else's

Quote:
you win at everything forever.
(11:26:32 PM) Mayvik: PS where the **** have you been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #108 (permalink)
Doin it wrong!

If creepers explode they can dystroy anything but obsidian
Electro_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #109 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
I'm surprised no one's just gone and tore somebody elses house down yet... oh wait.

I like the center square idea, with an MCB castle in the center for just doing whatever, and we can build our places elsewhere. Then people can choose if they want to go build a fortress someplace or just put a place near the city walls. We can cooperate to make it out of obsidian or something, bedrock just seems like cheating. And remember, only the outer layer up to like 3 high has to be obsidian, anything higher is out of blast range and everything behind it is protected. It's not that much Obsidian to jsut armor a regular wall like that.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in