mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #901 (permalink)
Party like its 2005!

Send a message via AIM to DFSniper

surge, he said single player, lol.

what i do is get TONS of bacon (i know its ham, but with my skin pack its bacon ) and whatever else i need to heat in the furnace, then grab a bucket of lava, then you have 1000 seconds of heat to cook whatever you like. no use wasting coals on furnaces when you need them for torches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you win at everything forever.
(11:26:32 PM) Mayvik: PS where the **** have you been?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor View Post
I love how we are more concerned with the fate of this paintball gun than we are about AIDS kids in Africa.............
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #902 (permalink)
whargarbl

Looper - any idea about setting up a kit with the /kit command? In case we get killed we can get armor & weapons?
BlitzkriegUDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #903 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Damn, I'M GONE because of my new kitten Paxton , And the world went from a few small shacks and a giant hole in the ground to a nice Mp map. Good job guys =) I especially like the giant T-rex.
Bow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #904 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzkriegUDF View Post
Looper - any idea about setting up a kit with the /kit command? In case we get killed we can get armor & weapons?
I'll take a look at setting one up with basic tools and armor.
secretweaponevan ~ "That wasn't in the instructions. Don't try to outsmart physics. Read and follow the instructions."
secretweaponevan ~ "You did great with following the instructions. Just so you know, that puts you in the top 1%."
Notch ~ "* Hoes now produce proper seeds"
ApoC_101 ~ "I don't always use freak inserts, but when I do, I use Ty McNeer brass inserts"

If you are having MCB Minecraft Server issues click HERE ~ ~ ~ Get DropBox and an Extra 250MB
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #905 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post
Damn, I'M GONE because of my new kitten Paxton , And the world went from a few small shacks and a giant hole in the ground to a nice Mp map. Good job guys =) I especially like the giant T-rex.
lol just don't get near it at night, i didn't do any lighting and monsters spawn there.

i have started a survivalman style trial of minecraft. in the morning starting at the edge of a map, i dropped absolutely everything and used the jumpto command to go to the edge of the viewing distance, then keep walking nonstop until noon to simulate being stranded, before starting to set up. the goal is to survive 7 days and nights using just the basic game and no commands or mod powers. so far has its ups and downs.

day 1, i have spent too much of the afternoon going after cows for leather armor, leaving me with not enough wood and soil. i built a mud hut at the top of a hill and needed to dig directly underneath to get additional soil blocks in addition to using all the leftover wood and wool after making a workshop. nontheless spiders manage to bite through the 1 block thick windows and i am down to below half health even after using up the 2 porks that i got. the leather was only enough to craft a helmet which sadly did nothing. in other news, creeper explosions do absolutely no damage.

day 2, with no coal i dismantled the house in search for exposed rock. more leather was gathered on the way. it was sunset by the time the first exposed rock was found so i had no choice but to pick into it in hopes of finding coal inside while at the same time turning it into a better shelter. it is by the water so monsters who fall into it may survive daylight. double blocking the walls this time. and there's enough leather for pants now!

then the server kicked me out.

to be continued...

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #906 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i have started a survivalman style trial of minecraft.
Sounds fun... I may have to try that, going to try Geocaching first.

On another note... I have build a Dev/Test environment on the server to test new Mods as they are released. So as long as we are not forced to upgrade the server.jar file with a client update we should have fewer down times to upgrades.

After I tested all the mods in my development region I upgraded to the latest everything in production and added the Plug-in Mods MagicSpells and Craftbook.
secretweaponevan ~ "That wasn't in the instructions. Don't try to outsmart physics. Read and follow the instructions."
secretweaponevan ~ "You did great with following the instructions. Just so you know, that puts you in the top 1%."
Notch ~ "* Hoes now produce proper seeds"
ApoC_101 ~ "I don't always use freak inserts, but when I do, I use Ty McNeer brass inserts"

If you are having MCB Minecraft Server issues click HERE ~ ~ ~ Get DropBox and an Extra 250MB
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #907 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looper View Post
Sounds fun... I may have to try that, going to try Geocaching first.
day 3.
retrying into the server, i spawned next morning right on time to watch all the monsters burn. quickly i collected all the feathers and arrows from the zombies and skeletons, but time flew and soon it was night again soon after collecting some soil. at night i decided to dig further down into the stones in search for coal to no avail. finally it became too deep that i feared monsters would spawn in there, so i filled the hole again.

a spider paid a visit, but the double layer window served its purpose. i punched it to death, collected its strings, and made a bow. now i can use the skeleton arrows.

a pig also visited, but i couldn't kill it before it leaves.

day 4.

i decided to explore the far side of the island and alas, coal in plain sight. i also noticed a lot of overhang in the island, probably spawning ground for mobs, so i decided to abandon house and move further north.

with the cobblestone from digging (i filled with dirt) i built a double layered house atop a slightly shorter hill than the one i desired, because the tallest had a lake where mobs may avoid being burned. after gathering more stones from a nearby cliff i hurried back to the build site, but not fast enough.

a zombie attacked me, and brought me down to 1 heart. i dared not use my sword so i wasted all 5 arrows on it. i am now huddled in my house for the night with 1 heart and no arrows...

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
Old 12-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #908 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

day 5.

things are looking up. i have acquired a ton more coal and, being careful not to fall to death with 1 heart, harvested 8 bacon pieces. good thing creepers don't damage, i was ambushed by 2.

i also harvested nearby desert for sand and cactus to line the house, and as i am writing a skeleton is dying from it even though i only managed to line 1 side before night fell.

built a furnace to cook the pork, am now 1 heart away from full after 2 well done pork.

day 6.

only 1 day left! not much happened today. set out to hunt spiders for strings so i can fish, which is more reliable than hoping to find pigs, but only managed to get 1 string. on the other hand, got enough leather today to craft the armor suit. only the boots are left for a complete suit.

day 7.

did it! a full suit of armor after finding a herd of cows on a cliff and most of them fall down after 1 hit to unreachable places. still no spiders in sight so no fishing rod. more pigs though. the inventory is filled out so a chest became necessary. over half the house is now lined with cactus for protection.

Quote:

Last edited by heinous; 12-05-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #909 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
added some more geocaches. up to 8 now. hoping grim comes back after server restart :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
thats why i bring my own balls. and if they dont play nice, i play with myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Mar, I want to fondle your wood.
Zapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:37 AM   #910 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0UN1N View Post
added some more geocaches. up to 8 now. hoping grim comes back after server restart :P
I came back. :P

Virtual geocaching is fun.
http://i.imgur.com/hZGzo.png
grimace is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in