mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #1001 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yeah the 12 t is a lot more painful, I hope the second gun is better than the stock cannon.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:40 AM   #1002 (permalink)

The second gun on the AMX-12T is capable of penetrating most heavies from the side, and some mediums from the front.
I find myself playing it less like a true scout, and more like a British Cruiser tank: I hold back initially until I know I can outflank or outmaneuver someone, then I'll run in and use my high rate of fire to lay down the hurt before retreating to reload.

Also, it seems 8.6 introduced encounter battle modes on maps that were previously standard battles only.

Any suggestions on how not to rage quit in Sacred Valley? :P
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #1003 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Here's an average game in my M40/43 since 8.6...

Nothing special until you see that all 8 shots I fired did damage. Average a shot per minute, 3 direct hits and 5 for splash damage. Not bad all things considered. Total damage dealt isn't that great but almost every shot caused critical damage. Track, engine, crew, whatever.

Now with my SU-26 I can't hit the ground with my hat in three tries.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #1004 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've tried my SU-8 a few more times. Still haven't destroyed a tank Punished the heck out of one heavy for a whopping 280 damage on 5 hits. I am thinking it's the cannon, and there is one upgrade, but the reload time doubles for a potential double to damage.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Quote:
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #1005 (permalink)

Oh man, that's tough MrMag. I hadn't played the SU-8, but I can say (and this is coming from someone who played arty mainly BEFORE the update) that the S-51 is worth it. Or, scratch that, the 203mm B-4 canon is worth it. I've one shotted IS-3's with it. Heck, one time I remember doing 2000 damage on a tier 10. That makes you feel good.

Yes, those shots don't happen often but with that cannon, if you can land the shell close to the target, you'll do damage.

It just depends on your play style. You shouldn't hate every game in an arty. If you do, yeah, forget that those tanks.

But for me, it is just soooo satisfying to destroying tanks with my arties. And the S-51 made that fairly easy sometimes.

Millar: You're making credits at tier 8 with only 2000dmg? Dang, what am I doing? Oh yeah. A usual game for me in my tier 9s are like 5 shots with 2 hits and maybe a splash. I've done 3000dmg, gotten kills and still lost credits. Whatever. Let us know how that M53 is. I kind of want to start grinding the American line for that one. Only because it looks cool.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #1006 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Hope everyone got to enjoy and take advantage of the sales, extra EXP, and credits this weekend. I got some play time in on Sunday and tried to make the most of it.

I just wish my tanks earned like this ll the time...

And even Tier 8 arty made $$...

It was nice to get some modules on the cheap and work up some progression. Picked up the AMX 13 F3 AM arty too. Kind of made it worth all the annoying "n00bish" play that went on.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Millar156; 07-08-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #1007 (permalink)
MCB Member

Those are some nice hauls! Well done.

Sadly, I missed all of the weekend with family stuff.

On a side note, with the slower than all get out cannon on the SU-8, I am finally back to killing.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #1008 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

I'm now up to 153k free xp

I also purchased the t-44, su-100m and a few others this weekend. I'm also working on third skill for obj. 212a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #1009 (permalink)
613 & 819

Nice!! fellow Tankers... Sweet. I am frippers in game. I have been playing off and on for a few years. I am in the process of building up enough credits to move on from my Tiger II and into a E-75. I also play the Russian heavys and the German TD's. More recently I have been moving up the French lights/meds and the Chinese.
frippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #1010 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

How is Tier One play these days? I stopped playing months ago (other hobbies) and I had the most fun when I went down to Tier One.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in