mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 07-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #1011 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
How is Tier One play these days? I stopped playing months ago (other hobbies) and I had the most fun when I went down to Tier One.
A lot more complicated with the extra tank choices. I wish there was a way to choose to go into T1 only battles. Otherwise I'll stick with T2 tanks to get either the T1/2 mix or the T2/3/4 mix.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #1012 (permalink)

I think this is the most gross xp I've ever made from one battle. However, I'm still fuzzy on how exactly I got awarded an extra 2k xp. I know there was the hat trick event for killing three or more tanks and also the one for leading the team in damage, but I though those awarded xp on the magnitude of hundreds of xp, not thousands.

Anyone have a clue why I got so much xp from the event?

krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #1013 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Nicely done! I can't explain the exp or the credits either. I thought we were supposed to get +30% but I routinely got double credits for some reason.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #1014 (permalink)
Rec Poster

You got an extra 2200 xp for the event on top of the x5 for the first win of the day. Nicely done.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #1015 (permalink)

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I have to hand it to that FCM on our team for winning that battle though.

He and I were the last two players on our team facing a StuG and T-34. I had stayed on the east side and sniped a good portion of the game. The StuG and T-34 camped at their base and defeated our push on the west. Once they knew where I was, the StuG basically drove up to me w his derp and hit me twice and killed me. I had a few shots on him during that tangle, but I think I bounced one shot which meant my demise.

After that pretty much everyone on our team was saying the game was lost and were belittling the FCM for not helping me (he was camped in a bush at our base)
Well, the StuG drove over the tracks and the FCM hit him twice and killed him. The T-34 foolishly did the same and was made short work of. That FCM must have had some nice camo.

Moral of the story, even if you are a tier 5, take that tier 3 FCM seriously.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #1016 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Having teammates that talk to you in this game is a major advantage. I played a match lastnight in my M40/43 with a T71 teammate that actually knew how to scout and work with arty. At one point we were down to 3 tanks on our team and 5 on the enemy team and still pulled out a victory. I finished the game with 6k damage done personally and 9 kills between the T71 and myself. He would light up the tanks I needed spotted then hide while I reloaded and we systematically knocked out one tank after another.

I only play randoms so having a team member I could work with is a rarity. It was so much fun that I"m really considering joining a clan. I know it was brought up before and nothing was done with it but an MCB clan would be ideal for me. I don't have a lot of play time but I would love to be able to log on and platoon up for a couple matches.

Anyone else up for starting a clan? I know practically nothing about the process but I'd like to give it a shot.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #1017 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

I wouldn't mind platooning with other MCB members. I will say I almost have all of my tier 5s elite I just have one more tank to research on the chinese line for every tank tier 5 and under to be elited.

I could see a nice MAR sticker as our badge too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #1018 (permalink)

If anyone wants to look into getting into a clan, I hate to do it, but I have to mention the clan I'm in currently - Task Force Alpha.

Look us up. I'm on the west coast and tank, usually between 11pm and 1am so that might not line up with some of the folk on the east coast, but I do have a smattering of tier 5s and 6s and wouldn't mind platooning with some MCB bretheren.

Screen name is BibsMcGibs for those of you who just want to platoon and not get involved in a clan just yet.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #1019 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Playing right now in case anyone wants to platoon.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #1020 (permalink)
Terminus Est

SkuII
xbox live
world of tanks beta tester (for 360)
SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in