mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 09-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #1051 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have probably unlocked the most in my American lines, although my British mediums are my highest-tier tanks atm. I also use the French for their autoloader scouts, and the Russians for the derpy heavy tanks.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #1052 (permalink)

PPS Fan
Just unlocked two tier 9 tanks. The IS-8 and the M-46 Patton. Now I have a problem. I'm grinding credits and will have enough to buy one of them soon but not both? So which do I get?
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ollection.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #1053 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I see more IS-8's than 46's. Maybe the Patton just because?

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #1054 (permalink)
I'll shoot myself anyway

Plus, if you let me destroy your Patton 100 times, I get an achievement!
Get a taste of religion: lick a Baptist!
WebFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #1055 (permalink)

I got the IS-8 about a month ago. Haven't played any upper tier American mediums tho.
I like playing the IS-8, but it's my first tier 9 I've played, so I have no other basis for forming a good opinion just yet.

Millar, it all depends on what you like playing and where you want to go. If you have a boatload of fun playing mediums i.e. flanking heavies, scouting arty and being a general pita for the other team, you should play the M46.
If you're more of a straight up gunfighter/brawler maybe the IS-8 is your cup of tea.

However, I've heard the IS-8 is basically a souped up medium in a heavies clothing. I seem to go faster in it than most of a tier 9 or 10 heavies. I've got the upgraded tier 10 gun, which is a huge benefit now that I need to grind another 220k out of it. But yeah, if I go head on into a group of tier 8s and above, I'll have problems. The turret can bounce a few shots, but the hull armor isn't great by any means.

Hope that helps!
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #1056 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

With the is-8 you need to learn to side scrape if you ever plan on having effective armor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #1057 (permalink)

PPS Fan
Meh, I think I'm going to get the Patton first. I seem to play mediums better than heavies and they cost less to repair anyway.

It should play like the Pershing so I can hull down and peak-a-boo over hills the same. The turret on the Pershing was incredibly bouncy until everyone started running gold rounds. Now I get penn'd through the mantlet regularly.

Everyting I hear about the IS-8 is bad.... except that it leads to the IS-7. So I guess I'll suffer through it once I get a surplus of credits again.

Thanks for the advice!
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Old 09-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #1058 (permalink)
Bubble bubble...

Just as a note, the Patton is a jack-of-all trades, master of none. In the Clan battles I've been in, Pattons are considered useless, and IS-7's are always taken. The Russian mediums are the tanks of choice in CB's if you want to stay in a medium.
If the 'gh' in enough is pronounced 'f', the 'o' in women as a short 'i' sound, the 'ti' in nation as 'sh', and the 'i' in radio is pronounced as an 'ee' sound, then technically: "Ghotii" is pronounced "Fishy"
My Feedback
Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #1059 (permalink)

PPS Fan
That's fine. I've never been in a clan and don't plan on participating in clan battles anyway. I will eventually get both, just wasn't sure which I wanted to get first.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #1060 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Blew up a T29 and T-44 tonight in my AMX 12t! That was satisfying! They were both softened up a bit, but took the T29 down from 29% (go figure on the number) and the T-44 down from 33%.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in