mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #1111 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I haven't heard about it. My thought if it goes to 7 v 7, they would need to shrink some of the maps. Seems like it might be more one on something battles than the current structure.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #1112 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
I haven't heard about it. My thought if it goes to 7 v 7, they would need to shrink some of the maps. Seems like it might be more one on something battles than the current structure.
A lot more 1v1, at lot less team strategy stuff. And boring on the current map size.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #1113 (permalink)

I think that those new Team Battles are a good idea. And especially since MM will probably be taking personal ranking into account when forming those battles.
For those that have played tank companies before, it should be a great thing for folks playing their tier 7s. Medium tank companies seem to throw a lot of love towards KV-1Ss and Hellcats. While those are great tanks to play, it gets a little old seeing 7 KV-1Ss and 3 Hellcats vs the same team on the other side.
Giving players a way to grind the less emphasized tanks in a company style is a good thing.

As far as the 1v1 goes, that is rarely the case. Most company callers put a major emphasis on groups sticking together and I see that being no different in these new team battles.

It'd be cool to get a group of us in this thread into those team battles. I'm sure we'd roll the heck out of folks.

Heck, when Nighhunter, Skiddish and I platooned a while back we had a great time and were putting the hurt on the enemy teams. I think we had a 60-70% win rate platooning together and we were playing a bunch of weirdly matched up tanks.
Gotta do that again.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #1114 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

I'd do it but this will have to be after college classes for this semester

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #1115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddish9999 View Post
I'd do it but this will have to be after college classes for this semester
I applaud your ability to do the responsible thing. I was taking some online courses last year and I constantly found myself pressing the Battle button when I knew I should have been studying. Ahh...moot point anyway since I got all A's.

On another topic, I've just unlocked the top cannon on the Su-100. It's the 122mm which seems to have similar values to the top 122 on the KV-1S and IS. I played one game with it and I think I hate it. I'm thinking about switching back to the 100mm only for the accuracy and rof increase. But considering that the Su-152 and above TD's all seem to have longer load times maybe I should be getting used to that being the norm. I don't know, I really like having the ability to get off two or three shots and dealing some sort of damage rather than missing the shot and losing the ability to deal damage entirely.

Anyone have any thoughts on which cannon I should play for the rest of my grind with the Su-100?
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #1116 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupasjeans View Post
I applaud your ability to do the responsible thing. I was taking some online courses last year and I constantly found myself pressing the Battle button when I knew I should have been studying. Ahh...moot point anyway since I got all A's.

On another topic, I've just unlocked the top cannon on the Su-100. It's the 122mm which seems to have similar values to the top 122 on the KV-1S and IS. I played one game with it and I think I hate it. I'm thinking about switching back to the 100mm only for the accuracy and rof increase. But considering that the Su-152 and above TD's all seem to have longer load times maybe I should be getting used to that being the norm. I don't know, I really like having the ability to get off two or three shots and dealing some sort of damage rather than missing the shot and losing the ability to deal damage entirely.

Anyone have any thoughts on which cannon I should play for the rest of my grind with the Su-100?
I played with the 122. It served me well but the I'm still playing with the 152 Derp on the SU-152 and I have both 122's unlocked which are higher tier guns. If you like the higher rate of fire I'd suggest going with the 122's on the SU-152. I just like being able to do damage everytime I pull the trigger so I run HE with the 152. The trouble I have with them is the terrible view range. If you don't have a spotter you're in trouble after your first shot. And with that long reload and thin armor your first shot is likely to be your last.

As for the 7vs7 thing... I thought WG was on record several times saying that they will Never implement a skill based Matchmaker.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #1117 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Jeez, try playing solo late on a Friday night and the idiots start popping up like mad:

Out of the woodwork, as it were :P
Old 10-30-2013, 03:26 AM   #1118 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Hello, Centurion Mk 7!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #1119 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
8.9 goes live tomorrow!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #1120 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Great! I've been grinding xp on the Marder II to get ready for the new German TD line.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in