mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 02-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #1211 (permalink)
Rec Poster

With arty being somewhat ok again parked the WOW accounts , the wife and I platoon su26's for fun. Am up to the fv on the brit side and it's a fun spg. Land yacht owner here as well....lol
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #1212 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
TD nerf is not going to make a substantial difference, imho. So you will be able to see the TD that takes you apart with half a clip from his enormous gun... big deal. Doesn't make a minute long game any more fun.

I have pretty much parked all of my tier X tanks for now. It was fun for a while after I first got them to try them out but the honeymoon period, and my premium, have expired and now they are just credit sinks, even when I win.

The good news is I have found a way to improve my stats by surfing the RNG waves. I had slipped from my hard won 48% down into a hell of 47.8-9% sometime after the last patch. My trick? I only play five games per sitting. If I play 5 and then shut it down for at least an hour, I will usually win 3 or 4 or even all 5 games. Every once in a while, I will wind up with 4 losses, but the damage is done at 5. The vast majority of my 5 game groupings are positive win wise.

Happily, I have dug back up out of 47% and am now working my way up into 48.7%! Yay! All of my other numbers have gone up too.

For whatever reason, if I break this new rule and play more than 5 games in a stretch, it is a LOT harder to get better than 50% wins. Its an odd game, but once you start to get its fickle nature, it becomes easier on the psyche.

YMMV

Good tanking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #1213 (permalink)

AKA Fan
What consumeables do you guys run on your higher tier tanks? I usually run just the credit repair, first aid, and fire extinguisher. Lately I've take to buying automatic extinguishers for my Tier 8+ tanks(not counting arty) because sometimes I'm a little slow hitting my hotkey for the manual one. They seem to help but I'm not sure they're 20k credits worth of help.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:24 AM   #1214 (permalink)

Regular repair and medkits; auto fire extinguishers on my non-premium tier 8+ tanks. My Centurions rarely catch fire, and I'd rather have the assurance of getting it put out instantly at the cost of 20k credits than being a bit too slow and getting killed..... and losing up to 20k credits for getting killed early in the battle...

In other words, I'd rather lose 20k credits and stay in the battle, possibly pulling off something awesome, than lose a ton of credits anyway for getting nuked and letting my crew cook.

Although recently, my Centurions seem to attract nothing but epic failure... Whether it's getting artied in the first minute of the battle or watching my teams evaporate around me, I'm getting a little sick of the constant failing (and yes, sometimes I do epically fail without anyone else's help.)
They're great tanks, don't get me wrong, but they're very... situational. Not enough armor to actually push up on their own, and while the guns are great; they only do so much. IF I can get hull-down and fight people at range, the Centurions are some of my favorite tanks in the game; but trapped in the open, or in the city, they're not exactly my first choice...

So I'm trying to decide what line to grind next... I'm thinking either Russian or Chinese mediums because they have pretty good guns and enough armor to take SOME hits. I'm leaning more toward the Chinese, just because their tier 7 medium seems better than what the Russians get.

If that seemed ranty, sorry.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:49 AM   #1215 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to grande

New patch brought the introduction of country vs country fights. If people on the euro servers weren't so POLISH the teams might actually use each country's strenghts to their favor. Rant over.

What y'all need to try is platoon with 3 guys, everyone picks E25, drive as fast as you can to a good ambush spot and just dissappear and wait. While the dmg isn't that good that little sucker can penetrate and the rof is just insane when multiplied by three.

We've taken out half a team before 3 minutes have passed on so many occasions. Track & kill. On some maps we just drive to a good spot and open fire on a suspected approach route without even seeing anyone. Everyone pumps out 10 rounds, 30 total. If your team knows whats going on it's pretty easy to take advantage of "blocking fire" and get really far without having to risk being seen or shot at.

Other favourite is to get ze german light tank Pz 1C, pick the mauser machine gun for it, platoon of three and just scout & troll EVERYTHING with it. I usually end up laughing so much my aim gets thrown off.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #1216 (permalink)
DSL is new here

I dont run any consumables. I like to live life on the edge.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:52 AM   #1217 (permalink)
the Paintball Punk

Fan of EMR
So World of Tanks just came to xbox FOR FREE! Is anyone else playing?
Krusty-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #1218 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
I dont run any consumables. I like to live life on the edge.
I don't think I could play without a repair kit after playing so long with them. First time I got tracked out in the open I' be pushing my "4" key through my keyboard.

I can't believe it when I light up an enemies engine and watch them slowly burn to death. Why would you not carry an extinguisher. Low tiers I understand. You burn up too quick for it to make a difference. But at tier 8+ I've seen people burn for a good 10 seconds before they die.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #1219 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millar156 View Post
I don't think I could play without a repair kit after playing so long with them. First time I got tracked out in the open I' be pushing my "4" key through my keyboard.

I can't believe it when I light up an enemies engine and watch them slowly burn to death. Why would you not carry an extinguisher. Low tiers I understand. You burn up too quick for it to make a difference. But at tier 8+ I've seen people burn for a good 10 seconds before they die.
I also dont play tier 8+ at all. Its not fun, its more like work. Except when I'm in the type 59. Tier 2-4 are much more enjoyable normally.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #1220 (permalink)

If I'm playing clan battles in my IS-7, I'll run with a large repair kit, large medkit and a small fire extinguisher. I have a few crew members trained in fire fighting and I can hit my hotbutton fast enough to minimize the damage done by a fire. And besides, I can only remember a fire occurring only a couple times in the limited amount of time I've been playing the IS-7.
I've played only a handful of clan battles in my 212A and in that scenario I swap the fire extinguisher for extra rations.

This past weekend I just dropped a million credits buying those more expensive consumables while they were on sale. I know, at some point, I'll use them, so why not get them at a discount?

But for pretty much everything else, tier 5 and above, I'll run small repair, small first aid kit and a small fire extinguisher.

Drum, if you're into improving your win rate, go ahead and try platooning when you have the chance. I know, as long as you're playing with someone fairly competent, that you'll do better when someone is watching your back and vice versa. While we all can't platoon with E-25s (cause some people don't have them) as long as you pick a couple tanks that go well and complement each other, you should be fine. That and there's a credit reward lately if you get a certain amount of wins when you're in a platoon.

And by the way, if any of you get a random invite late night from BibsMcGibs, it's cause I'm stalking you.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in