mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #121 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
The long 75 on the IV is a lot more lethal, it seems to me, than the numbers allow. I have over 100 kills on my PZIV and that gun is why.

When you upgrade your tank to the next one up the tree, they always kinda suck worse than the tank you just left, at least for a while. The new modules are essential to making your new tank rock.

I am in a tech tree conundrum, or maybe it is a plateau or something.

Looking at the numbers, I am wondering why I am bothering to try and climb the German tank tree any more. I DO want a Tiger (just unlocked the 3601, but have not bought it yet) and even a Panther, but, aside from hit points, I can see no real improvement over my T34/85 with 100mm D1ot or my KV3 with the 107mm.

Currently, I am about 50k XP away from my Tiger and probably closer to 100K XP to get that Panther. An IS is only about 20K XP away.

I love my German tanks since my childhood model making days, but the Russkie tanks are just as good, usually faster and WAY cheaper.

Cheers,
D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #122 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have a premium account for the next 26 days or so. If anyone wants to platoon, let me know!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #123 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Downloading it now, its taking forever, their server is slow. Same user name as normal.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #124 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
I have a premium account for the next 26 days or so. If anyone wants to platoon, let me know!
I'm your huckleberry.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #125 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

I've got a 82k grind to the su-14... this is very, very annoying! Currently, futzing around with an a-20 and su-76. If anyone want to dd me feel free name is the same as the one on here: skiddish9999.

Look forward to playin' with/against ya'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #126 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
Downloading it now, its taking forever, their server is slow. Same user name as normal.
Leafy on WoT I presume?

I went ahead and updated the original post I made to show the MCB gang playing WoT and their in game name. If I missed someone, let me know. I'll add ya And if I see you in game Stevefe, look for a platoon invite

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.

Last edited by mrmag11; 06-05-2011 at 09:24 PM.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #127 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Finally got to a T46 Played most of the day. Still love to play with the starter german tank with that fast gun. Next upgrade for the t46 is going to be the big 76mm. I've been doing real damn good with my t26 taking on multiple light tanks at the same time or taking a medium out. Still working on my arty skill with the big german 105.

Gear Bag Sale!

Quote:
Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #128 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
I am in a tech tree conundrum, or maybe it is a plateau or something.

Looking at the numbers, I am wondering why I am bothering to try and climb the German tank tree any more. I DO want a Tiger (just unlocked the 3601, but have not bought it yet) and even a Panther, but, aside from hit points, I can see no real improvement over my T34/85 with 100mm D1ot or my KV3 with the 107mm.
I found the Panther to be very similar to the Pz4. You get a good accurate gun that doesn't do a lot of damage, and the tank itself feels kind of sluggish. Your armor might bounce a few shots here and there, but in general you don't want to be the focus of anyone's attention. The biggest issue with the Panther is that in stock form it is really really underpowered. You need to research the tracks and the turret (something like 40k xp in total) while still using the tier 5 75mm gun (which as you can imagine is garbage when dealing with tier8+ tanks). Since tier 8s are not cheep to run, the stock Panther grind is quite the time and money sink.
The T44 felt like a much better tier 8 medium to me. You're still using the good old 100 iD10T gun, but the tank itself is very agile, has good speed, and the armor can bounce a good few shots.

The German heavy tree is more of a rollercoaster. The VK36 (once fully upgraded) is quite nice, though in a typical German medium fashion it does feel sluggish. The Tiger is a big disappointment. Terrible in stock form, somewhat better once fully upgraded, but always feels like a big target that can't really match other heavies' damage output. The Tiger 2 is fantastic though.

The one nice thing about going the Tiger and Panther way is that they share the engine and gun upgrades. So once you have one fully upgraded you'll save some time not having to research that stuff on the other one.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #129 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Good advice, TA. I will buy myself a 3601 once I have the silver for it. I am gonna keep the PZIV around and use it to train my crew until I have enough free XP to make the essential upgrades on the 3601 as soon as I finally buy it.

I have been loving my T34/85 with 100mm (iD1ot, I like that!) lately, racking up lots of kills and staying alive for a change. Will be breaking 100 tank kills today with this.

I am gonna skip the Panther branch based on your advice and concentrate on my Russians and advancing my Grille to a Hummel.

Cheers and hope to see you on the field. Real or virtual.

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #130 (permalink)
DSL is new here

I just found that I can decimate with an m2 with my style of play. Need to unlock the m3 cause it just looks like a stronger faster version of the same tank. My style is rocking into the enemy's backfield and wrecking havok and just not stopping moving nominally can take out 3-4 tanks that way and capture the base all by myself before they know what hit them.

Gear Bag Sale!

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in