mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #181 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Been away for ten days. Is this tech tree thing still happening?

I have a KV3 in my garage... I am wondering if it is worth buying my old T34 back before the "refund".

Hmmmm....

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #182 (permalink)

Just started last week. I think I'm going to start whoreing up the german arty line. As soon as I get my leopard.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #183 (permalink)
DSL is new here

I heard the Hertzer kind of sucks, should I hold off and hope the marder III is better?

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #184 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Been away for ten days. Is this tech tree thing still happening?
The next expected patch is the one that releases some of the American TDs, and that's coming around Jully 4th.

Knowing the track record of the developer, the rest of the tech tree changes (or at least the addition of all the extra tanks) will likely take a while to be fully implemented (I'm guessing it will take them till at least end of the year). Don't forget that they're also planning to release the French tech tree sometime in the future..

Here is what the tech trees will look like when it's all done

Leafy, the Hetzer is an awesome tank once fully upgraded and with a good crew, but it does take an experienced TD driver to really see this. With its slowish speed, agility, and ROF, it really feels like a high end TD, and cannot be driven like any other tier 4 tank.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #185 (permalink)
DSL is new here

The thing that's kills me with both the hertzer and the kv is that they are soooooooooooo slow. And I hate the lack of gun angle the hertzer has. I mean if it had hurricane better guns than the marder it would be with it but all it has is a tad better 75mm and some stupid arty piece with no penetration.

Gear Bag Sale!

Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #186 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Been playing a few days now.

nm156 on WoT
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #187 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
The thing that's kills me with both the hertzer and the kv is that they are soooooooooooo slow. And I hate the lack of gun angle the hertzer has. I mean if it had hurricane better guns than the marder it would be with it but all it has is a tad better 75mm and some stupid arty piece with no penetration.
What's the rush?
TDs don't belong on the front lines, and all heavies are slow but eventually get wherever they're going.

The gun angle on the Marder was very good (one of the biggest in the whole game really), so going to the Hetzer which has a rather average range of motion on the gun can be a bit of a letdown. With the Hetzer you do get a tank with fairly good armor for its tier; especially when compared to the lower tier tanks that are open-topped. The 10.5 arty gun IS the gun you want on the Hetzer. It fires HE and gold shells only (doesn't shoot AP) so the low penetration isn't that big of a problem. With the 10.5 the Hetzer can one-shoot many of the small tanks, and also do good damage to the bigger high-tier tanks it will face.
The Hetzer is definitely a defense oriented tank. It has the best cammo rating of all the tanks in the game, and can bounce a surprising amount of shells due to the angled armor. The 10.5 packs a punch, but is slow to load, so you want to not draw attention to yourself most of the time, and hit them where it hurts when you're ready to shoot.
With the top engine and tracks upgrades it does become reasonably fast. The radios aren't worth upgrading unless you plan to stay on the Hetzer for a long time. Spend the money and upgrade the crew to 75% if you can.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #188 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
I liked my KV and that 76mm was far batter for me than the big clunky derp gun they have for that. Stick with the smaller turret and the higher rof and you will have more fun.

I love how "low tier" my KV was... with a superb crew and a gun capable of killing just about any other tank on the board with a shot or three in the right places. And the poor lights/meds at those low tiers barely make a dent.

I found the Hezer tedious, so I sold it and abandoned the TD trees altogether. I might buy mine back if I get bored with the Russians.

D

Quote:
I still don't get that.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #189 (permalink)
DSL is new here

I like the marder because I can drive up a flank with a couple tanks and be the big gun to pick the other guys off while they're distracted by the tanks.

Gear Bag Sale!

Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #190 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
I always shoot the Marder first... and it usually only takes one shot!

Quote:
I still don't get that.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in