mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #291 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The 107 is only used by the KV, KV3, and SU-85 (which has the TD version of the 107).

The Su-100 has two TD 85s, the TD version of 100 D10T, and the TD version of the slow 122 gun (the t-43 has the 122 derp, which is completely different). I found that the 100 works best for the SU-100 since it has good pen, ok damage, ok accuracy, and ok RPM. The 122 packs a good punch, but it's slow to load, not very accurate, and expensive to run (1k cr per round).

I upgraded to the Slugger couple days ago, and already miss the 105 from the Wolverine. It wasn't a particularly fast or accurate derp gun, but it gave me a nice punch against all the high tier tanks. It's going to be a long grind getting the 90 for the Slugger..

My Hummel has had a run of bad luck lately where no matter how well I do, the rest of the team finds a way to lose the game. Team after team after team of people who lemming up into a big group, drive down one flank, and all get killed without don't any killing themselves. Or worse yet teams that just sit in the starting zone, and wait for their daily dose of shelling. At least the hummel is fully upgraded, so only a few hundred more games till I get the GW P!
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #292 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
I hated the Hummel... used an assload of free XP to trick it out with the good gear and even a 100% crew and I could not do a thing with it. I could not seem to get the timing of the long reload down and I could never seem to hide it well enough to stay alive. Just drove around like a madman waiting for my damn cannon to reload.

What tore it for me was the lack of "accuracy" of the big gun in that Hummel. Though the numbers were as good or better than the Grille, but the dispersal was nuts. The final straw was accidentally nailing one of my own teammates who was about four tank lengths from my target. The circle was small, my tracks were locked and WHAMMO "You've just killed an ally!"

So I sold it and bought my Grille back. Doing duty as an elite tank cranking out XP for me to convert.

TA, what is the deal with the next patch? Is there to be a tank bonus/refund and, if so, which tanks are going to be effected.

I am about 10K away from my Tiger.... and a million silver.

Bought a KV on account of the rumor that THAT was covered, but now I do not see it on the list of changes.

Finally, I do not miss the 105 on my Wolvy as I kept my M4 with that gun. Still have not bought either the M36 or the "Easy 8" and I may not.

Cheers,
D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #293 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

WORLD OF TANKS - OVERLORD'S BLOG: Full Tech Trees Revised and Improved

The patch that is coming up sometime in August (sooner rather than later most likely) is expending ze German lineup. The VK3601H will become the branch-off point where you'll be able to choose whether you want to go down the medium branch or either of the two heavy branches.
I'm going to hold off spending my VK36 XP on the Tiger to see how the new heavies perform. I already know the current Tiger is a bit of a lame duck compared to the Russian and American tier 7 heavies, but I want to know if the new German heavies are worth the Tiger grind or if I should switch over to the other heavy branch.

The Russian tree is supposed to be updated with either the patch after this one or the next one after that (can't remember if they're updating the Russian tree before or after the French tree comes out), so probably October or later. From what I understand the KV will be split off into the KV1 and KV2, and anyone who has a KV with the large turret in their garage at that time will get a free KV2 and a garage spot when the tree gets updated.

I like the Hummel because of its crazy speed and maneuverability, but yeah its accuracy leaves much to be desired. Tier 5 and up arty is just not the same kind of game as the lower tier arty. Most people find that the su26 is the most enjoyable arty to play.

I found the E8 much better than the M4, but then again I didn't care for the M4 at all. The E8 was a great tank with the fast 76mm, so much so that I kept it for a while after getting the T20. But once I had the T20 fully upgraded it became a real joy to drive. It's totally worth any kind of grind you have to do to get to it.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #294 (permalink)

Wish I saw this thread earlier.

I have wasted a lifetime on this game since Beta.
Right now I have a t54 maxxed out , GW Tiger , kept my t-44 , bunch of low stuff like tier2 premiums for farming and whatnot. A derp-gun KV and a t40 American TD which just wrecks for its tier , leopard (was a ton of fun in beta) and a couple others.

My clan (WkA) is currently battling to hold our Northern provinces against the southern alliance hell bent on taking what we have earned.

My WTB thread -

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/w...rchanging.html
GratefulWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #295 (permalink)

Hate the hummel ?!?!?!?!?!?!
Get the good engines and you have yourself a battle hummel , just use it TD mode if need be. If you hated the hummel wait till you get the GWs .... youre in for a "treat" ... lol.

My WTB thread -

Old 08-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #296 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I'm really liking my vk3601 right now. Just set a new personal record with 8 kills and a damage in one game with the 88 on it. I need about 7k exp for the largest engine for it.

I agree Grateful the t40 is a lot of fun.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #297 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
dam people, im way far behind lol, im struggling with tier 4 as it is, those 80k and 120k silver tanks are taking forever to buy, the exp is a plenty but dont have the cash.

And yep drum, thats the one that i read, i read it from top to bottom lol, helped out alot, as well as found out one of my friends was playing the game a while and gave me a long tutorial in training room thing on armor slopes and weak spots and such

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #298 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
the exp is a plenty but dont have the cash.
Find a tank to exploit for cash not so much XP.
In Beta it was the Hummel (40k a match easy)
Then early in the release it was the t34 with 76 quick firing cannon (60k a match before they nerfed it)
Now , for me , its the t40. Usually make a good chunk of change (12-20) every round and the matches are small enough I can usually dictate the outcome. Even when im last on the list in the t40 I can usually pull out a couple kills.

My WTB thread -

Last edited by GratefulWood; 08-03-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #299 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Hey GW, do you need to be a premium account holder to participate in clan battles?

Thanks for the tips you guys. I imagine everyone has their particular "tank style" which in turn probably dictates which tanks work best for them.

I have been spending mad silver on modules lately, so I am a little bit poor in that area. It will be a while before I can afford to buy a new VII tier tank. For now I will be rocking the IS. Just got the big engine for it and it is, dare I say, peppy now!

Maybe I will try the Hummel again someday. I think I just lack the skills.

OH, and speaking of skills!

I have become a WHOLE NEW tanker since I added a trackball to the experience. O-M-G the difference is amazing compared to the stupid touchpad on my laptop. I was constantly accidentally firing my damn guns with that thing. No more. And auto aim? no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #300 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Yeah, my style is quite different. I basically end up having 2 styles; fast tank and TD. My fast tank I like to get 1 tank all by themselves and just out drive them one on one. My TD style ends up being TD's and slow tanks and its "being sneaky" you would be surprised how many people in an offensive line you can 1, 2, or 3 shot kill from behind before someone notices you in a KV or a hertzer. Hardly anyone, even on higher tiers pays attention to their mini map once they're engaged with the enemy.

I also found that the Marder II with HE rounds in the 76 is basically a death tank. You can 1 hit kill about 60% of the tanks you'll face with it because you actually get penetration a lot of the time even with the HE and that just ****s their **** up. I literally had 4 100% solo kills in the time it takes to shoot 4 rounds in one match. The 5th tank got me.

Oh and I got stonewall for the first time and it was in a light tank too boot. I got hit 17 times and part of that was getting tracked and pounded by a T18 from rather close. We lost but I survived till the end. They must have gotten frustrated that they couldnt kill my piece of **** pz II.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in