mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #301 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Yeah, this is a surprisingly fun game. Best I have played in years and my first online game.

My personal record is, get this... 48 hits on my tank, a KV, in one battle. I still ended that battle (we won) with about 1/4 hp left. Gotta love the armor mismatch when you can find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #302 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Man! What have I been missing!? I have to learn about this game!
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #303 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Beware lrrpster... it is like crack cocaine to the armor inclined.

Quote:
I still don't get that.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:13 AM   #304 (permalink)

Well its 3 am and a lifelong friend who moved out to Oregon a couple years back was through for a visit. Closed the bar down. I have to work tomorrow. BUT im gonna get a couple rounds in before i drag my *** of to bed. Addicting game ? Nah ....

Drum you dont need premium to participate but you do need a tier 9 medium , tier 8 arty or tier 10 heavy. On occasion there will be a t2 light in a clan match for scouting.

We had 17 territories at one point and were down to 2. An alliance compromised of clans many of which we stomped previous have aligned to wipe us off the map. We were / are steady whooping on the Vietnamese and Chinese clans ... they hate us. Were international squad but theres alot of all asian teams , polish , aussies and of course Russians. Clan Wars is alot of fun. Plus the gold you make holding territories is great. They did a good job of setting up and executing this global conquest clan wars system.

My WTB thread -

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/w...rchanging.html
GratefulWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #305 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Well it'll be awhile before I can try out that portion of the game.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #306 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Thanks GW. It will be a long while before most of us here can join you in the clan battles.

I tried give the new 6.6 patch a try today, but after downloading everything again, plus the three new patches, when I try to run the 6.6 test, all I get is instructions in Russian or something and I cannot click through.

So...

Maybe they are not ready for us silly Americans yet.

D

Quote:
I still don't get that.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #307 (permalink)

AKA Fan
So I've been playing for about 6 weeks or so and now I'm completely addicted I'm kinda stuck on tier4/5 because I can't seem to stick to one tank. I have a M7 Priest, T-28, Hetzer, M5 Stuart, and a M7.

Right now the M5 is my favorite. I hated it when I first got it because I'm constantly being put into matches with tier 8 and tier 9 heavies. After learning how to play it I have come to really enjoy speeding around and blasting away with the stubby 75. If I get into a match were I'm the top rated tank it just destroys everything. If I'm lowest I assist the heavies or skirt the edge of the field and take out the enemy arty.

Can't wait to get past the T-28 and get into a heavy. KV's were the bane of my existence playing lights. Once I get the KV I'll have a tank of every class; light, med, heavy, TD, and Arty. I just cycle through them as I play so it keeps me from burning out on any one tank.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #308 (permalink)

In about two years i will have a big chunk tank. Man you got to put the time in huh? I am 7000 away from my T-34/85. I like the Soviet mediums. I also cant get rid of my fun little guys. The M-2 is my favorite. The T-34 is cool, I can act like a scout when I am the little fishy at the bottom. or I can do some damage when I am up against like teir vehicles. My kid who is glued to the game is in the IS series.
SgtCip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #309 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulWood View Post
Find a tank to exploit for cash not so much XP.
In Beta it was the Hummel (40k a match easy)
Then early in the release it was the t34 with 76 quick firing cannon (60k a match before they nerfed it)
Now , for me , its the t40. Usually make a good chunk of change (12-20) every round and the matches are small enough I can usually dictate the outcome. Even when im last on the list in the t40 I can usually pull out a couple kills.
I'll have to give this a try, lately this game has been frustrating as hell, im only driving a tier III TD, but they keep putting me in matches with tier 5 and 6 heavies, With the highest penetration gun on my TD i still dont penetrate, even from the weak side of the tank, and everything that hits me is a 1 hit kill.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #310 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Put the arty piece on it, the one that does the most he damage and ruin he in it.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in