mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #331 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Not at all sure about that 122mm. Compared to the 100 D10T, it gives you same penetration and just a bit more damage but at almost half the rate of fire.

I am sticking with the 100D10T, even though I now have to research the 122mm before I can research the IS-3, so... if I have to I have to.

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #332 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Which ever one has the best damage potential. That being, Damage x Rate of Fire. And is able to penetrate most opponents easily.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #333 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

When I was playing my KV3 back in beta, I used the 107 through the whole process. I did research the 100 and 122, but didn't use them. The 107 is a nice compromise between those two, and its only downside is that is has 8mm (?) less pen.
Also note that with the 122 your ammo cost goes up to just over 1k cr per round fired. It adds up..

Once I moved up to the IS, I used the 100 till I had the second 122 researched, and used that 122 on the IS3 till I had the BL9 researched.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #334 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Ouch, 1k credits per shot?! I guess I'll stay with the D10T.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:42 AM   #335 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Actually I've been using the 107. I got the 122 and its 1200 and change per shot, 200 and change per shot for the 107. Decided to stay with the 107.

Finished off the xp and got the money for a Tiger today. I got my T-34-85 up to elite also. It was a busy day.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #336 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
i like the MS -1 with the 45 mm cannon
konner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #337 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Well, that was a busy but productive weekend for tanking!

Got my Panther now, fully upgraded except for the big gun and turret, neither of which appeal to me aesthetically.
Even got one 5x win in with my Panther... also got team-killed by some douche named "Panther Stan" driving a Wolvy... must have been jealous.

I also purchased a pile of modules to soup up my tanks, including a few I have not tried before, namely coated optics and gun laying drives. Every tank but my poor red-headed KV has at least a gun rammer and ventilation now.

Even bought a couple of tool boxes! Those things really do noticeably effect one's repair time when smacked in battle.

Anyway, I hope the rest of you guys had fun too.

Btw: Got to platoon a bit with MrMag11, Titan Aresta and a few others. FUN! The free 2 man platoon thing is definitely a most appreciated new element in an already enjoyable game.

Now... to get competent in my Panther and Tiger so I can hold my own in tier VII... not the easiest tier for me, it seems.

D

Quote:
I still don't get that.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #338 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Had a good time platooning up with Drum and MrMag (other than that one game where drum and I went in with arties and got a high tier game with 12 arties in total... on malinovka.. that was one long boring draw).

5X and free premium weekend was a good boost for me. I moved up from the VK36 to the tiger, and got the upgraded turret for it already (and got the discount spal liner for it too), got the 90mm on my Slugger, flew through the M5 and got the M7, and managed to get that one fully upgraded already, and made some nice progress in the SU152 towards the second 122, VK36 towards the DB, and a little forward progress in the Hummel.

As usual the only downside to this kind of weekend was that it brought out all the bad playing/players. So while the XP gain was good, I'm fairly sure my win/loss and other stats took a beating. Loss after loss after loss because the team is filled with lemmings gets very frustrating.

I run both of my tier 7 tanks with the cr versions of the tool kit and the fire extinguisher. It will add costs to your repair costs, but if used smartly they are very useful in keeping you in game instead of the dead box.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #339 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
I ride with small tool kits, med kits and manual fire extinguishers (yeah right) on all of my tanks... almost never use them... unless I am having a good game and want my full crew to get the points (med kit) or if my team and I might be able to win if only my tank were fixed.

I find the module tool kits do an amazing job of cutting that down time that comes when someone tracks you or gets your gun (happening to me a LOT lately). Time stretches and seconds seem like minutes when you are immobilized under fire... waiting for that arty round to pap you on the head.

I just wish i had more module bays... so I could take a tool kit AND have my rammer, ventilator and spall liner on all my big tanks.

So far have seen no noticeable benefit from my coated optics (put them on the Panther). No pun intended.

All that said.... I LOOOOOOOOVE my PANTHER!

So much fun to drive... quick enough to get into, and out of, trouble fast and the L70 gun is good enough to kill some and maim most. Checked out the new turret and it is not too bad... maybe I will upgrade that so I can get the L/100 gun... 60+ more mm's of penetration would be nice... even if the damage from a 75 seems paltry at tier VII and higher games.

One thing I love in particular is how the legendary smooth ride of the 'real steel" Panther seems to be displayed in this tank. It turns so well (neutral steering was an innovation on the original Panther) and it rolls over R/R tracks and vehicles with hardly a hickup. May be my imagination, but it seems somewhat more steady firing on the move too.

ROck on Panther! Always wanted one of my own.

Quote:
I still don't get that.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #340 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I had a busy weekend also. Got my t-34-85 and my vk3601 up to elite. My Stug III is almost at elite.

I also picked up a Tiger. I've got the number 3 engine, the upgrade suspension, the big turret and the long 88. I also now have no free xp and hardly any credits. Definitely takes some getting used to. I find I have to work a lot harder to get a profit from it than my vk3601.

I didn't get a chance to try out the new two platoon. I look forward to getting together with you guys sometime.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in