mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #351 (permalink)
DSL is new here

T1 sucks I blow em away almost all day without taking much damage, Though there must be 1 good gun for them because I got wrecked by one once. I'm really trying to get the IS right now.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #352 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm onto the T-44, and the T-43 definitely was an interesting tank to play. I have no experience with any of the other tanks you listed.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:39 AM   #353 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevefe View Post
I'm trying to decide what to move up to next. Here is what I have to choose from:

1) T1 Heavy
2) T20
3) VK 3002 DB
4) Jadgpanzer 4
5) IS
6) T-43

Any thoughts?
T1 heavy`s i pot shot with my MS-1 using a 45 mm cannon
konner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #354 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Are any of the tanks beyond the T1 worth grinding through the T1? I'm also trying to decide which tree to work through.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #355 (permalink)
DSL is new here

The tanks above it seem pretty good. I think the tank you should go with after the M3 lee is the sherman. I sometimes lose 1v1 verses the improved sherman in my KV.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #356 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I've already got the E8 Sherman. That let's me get the T20.

I also traded in my t40 on a Wolverine. The Wolverine is a killing machine!! I do believe I like it better than the t40.

Last edited by Stevefe; 08-22-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #357 (permalink)
MCB Member

When I was in my T-34-85 and T-43 I loved seeing those shiny American TD's coming my way They blow up so nicely compared to the Russian and German TD's. They have such a nice, high profile which just screams "Shoot here!"

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #358 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevefe View Post
I'm trying to decide what to move up to next. Here is what I have to choose from:

1) T1 Heavy
2) T20
3) VK 3002 DB
4) Jadgpanzer 4
5) IS
6) T-43

Any thoughts?
The T1 is a fine tank, but doesn't fare too well against its Soviet counterpart the KV. It has fairly good front armor, a fine fast shooting gun, and with the top engine it is fairly fast for a heavy, but it's also quite a large target, and lacks the alpha strike that most people expect from a heavy. While the T1 does fine when it's the top tank, it tends to do quite poorly (compared to the KV) when it gets shoved into high tier matches.
The T1 leads to the M6 which is the same tank with the same problems, but the M6 gets to research the 90mm gun which is a good all-around kind of gun.
The M6 leads to the T29 which arguably is the best tier 7 heavy tank, and a joy to drive (though it is slow). In my opinion the T29 is worth the grind through the T1 and M6.

The T20 is a fantastic light tank classified as a medium tank. It has paper armor, but that makes it more mobile. It gives you the choice of either using the fast 76 from the E8 or the 90mm for more damage at a slower ROF. If you liked playing your E8 in an aggressive way, you'll like the T20 even more. If you prefer a more pitched battle, you probably won't like this tank.
Personally I consider the T20 the best tier 7 medium tank.

The VK DB is a German medium tank anomaly. It's fast and fairly maneuverable. The sloped armor gives you good protection against lower tier tanks as long as they shoot your front. The gun selection is the 75/88/105 combo that's available on all the VK tanks, but on a tier 7 tank these guns feel sort of underpowered. Aggressive driving and good positioning is required to take advantage of what you're playing with. Overall it's a good all-around tank that's considered one of the best German mediums. Currently this tank leads to the Panther and the Tiger iirc which are completely different kind of tanks.

The JP4 is an underpowered tier 6 TD. While it is a very low sitting and small TD making it harder to spot than most tanks, it just doesn't pack a lot of punch with any of its guns, and it's not as agile as the StuG. You get your first kick in the balls when you buy this tank and find out that you can't mount any equipment on it before you upgrade the tracks (can't even mount the cammo net without the upgrade iirc). It's a road apple of the German TD line who's only saving grace is that it leads to the great JagdPanther.

The IS is a good tier 7 heavy. Fairly fast, fairly agile, fair armor, and good but expensive gun. If you like playing with heavy tanks, this one won't disappoint. It leads to the fine IS3 which leads to the great IS4.

The T43 is a lot like the T34-85 but with a lil' bit more agility. Gun selection is the same, armor is better but not noticeably so. Leads to the awesome T44, the medium tank all other medium tanks want to be.

If I were in your shoes, I would upgrade the E8 to the T20, and decide the next move from there. If you like the T20 then you should go for the T44 via the T43. If you prefer the more slow and steady heavy life then go for the T1 so that you can get the T29, or go for the IS if you're not too worried about your cr flow.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #359 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks a lot Titan. That was very informative. Now all I have to do is make up my mind.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #360 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I liked the KV-3 except that it was sooo slow. So I decided to go with the IS. Its much nicer driving this around. The D10T is working nicely. I liked the 107 on the KV-3 better though. So when I can get the upgraded turret I think I will try the 122 again.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in