mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-31-2011, 10:26 AM   #381 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
I had a great game last night, in my Panther even!

The new L100 gun is probably the cheapest and best gun running in my stable right now.

Managed to knock out not one, but two Lowes, one single-handed even!

I friggin' LOVE killing Lowes. Even managed to tear one from 100% down to 17% (after about 11 hits) with my lowly Wolvy. Not sure whether it is jealousy or a desire to win... but I tend to go after Lowes... no matter what I am driving.

I liked the Ruskie SPG with the rotating "turret". Had a lot of fun with that relatively quick loading gun. Not a lot of straight kills... but sometimes I would put damage on the majority of the other team.

Also, I am slowly beginning to obtain a clue about how to run my tier VII tanks. The nuances of tank design do seem to play bigger in the higher tiers. In tier V, I just hump around pounding stuff until I get pounded.. each game is basically the same, no matter how or what i drive.

In tier VII, either the skills of the other players are higher, their tanks are scarier or maybe it is something else, but if you try to drive your Panther like your Tiger... or your IS, or vice versa, you are gonna have problems.
Each tank seems to have its own needs and uses.

Anyway, i am doing better at VII... raising my hit percentage and even surviving and winning games!

Fun!

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #382 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
Its a computer not a used car dealership, how do you get a bad su5?
There was this shady guy selling it at a nice discount so I took it...

I kid, I kid.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #383 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Lol. Its going to take a while for me to get passed the baby su, I average about 150 xp a game with it.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #384 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Woot, got my Su-8! No more of that horrid Su-5!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Quote:
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #385 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

Now all you need is the 152mm to use it right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #386 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Yep, 13k XP before that. I like the sound of the damage on that 152!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-02-2011, 03:00 AM   #387 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
i got my t46 back its nice
konner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #388 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
SO, I stumbled on over to the .ru server to try out the new patch; Got to play the new map once (meh) and I am running the new Chinese premium tank (Type 59- basically a slightly weakened T-54 for 10K gold).

Also "grinding" to get a chance to try the new Sherman Jumbo and the M24 Chaffee. At 10x xp and credits, it will not take long to get them.

So, the .us server is gonna have to wait for me to get bored of doing everything is Russian (or until the test server is closed). It is kind of funny how easy it is to negotiate and work with a game where everything is in Russian. Almost like "muscle memory" or something.

Anyway... back in the U.S.S.R... you don't know how lucky you are.... boy.

Quote:
I still don't get that.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #389 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Having fun in Russia!

Sold all of my "original" tanks to make space for all the different tanks I am experimenting with.

Some impressions;

First off, the M24 Chaffee, available for about 50k XP from the M5 Stuart, is one of the new tier V light tanks (also the Ruskie T-50-2 and the German Vk2801).
- Not a bad runner, good speed and a decent gun, albeit lighter than you need for most of the higher tier battles these tanks fight. Upgraded turret needed for the fast firing 76mm is ugly and huge.

Next up, The M4A3E4 "Jumbo" Sherman. A tier VI Shermy with the 105 derp and much better armor. The first turret is the bomb with 152mm of armor all around. Fun to brawl with the same 105 as the tier V M4 and be able to take hits upon hits. Already racked up to "steel wall" awards.
This is fun tank that I will definitely be buying. Provides a nice bridge over the terrible T1 HT into the M6 US heavy... OR skip the Easy 8 and go straight to the T20.

My next favorite after the Jumbo has been my first "premium' tank. Spent the free 10k gold on a Chinese Type 59. It is basically a slightly weaker T54, but as a tier VIII tank, it has been really gun to drive. This AND the jumbo, both allow the use of a gun stabilizer... which works noticeably. Love that module!
Another thing, this is a pretty cheap Tier VIII tank. The 100mm gun is out classed by most opponents, but it sure aint weak. And the shells cost a quarter of what the 122mm rounds cost.
Anyway, it is fun to have a Chinese tank and I will definitely be considering whether or not I want to buy one of these... it is hella fun to drive and, even in the higher tier battles, definitely can hold its own.

What else...

Working on trying the new Ruskie light.. so far, the tier IV T-50 is just too damn fast for me. It turns on a dime without losing speed and is actually kind of handful to drive, especially considering the hella lag.

Also bought an M36 Slugger again, like last patch test... still kind of meh on the whole thing. The 90mm reload is disconcerting after the chain gun effect of the 76mm M1A2. Probably will buy one of these eventually, but not a priority.

Oh, and bought an M6 too. US heavy tank, right about and only 50k away from the dreaded T29. Have not worked through to the 90mm top gun in this tank, but the fast 76mm is fun in this tank too. More HP than the jumbo and access to the 90mm and also the T29... will probably wind up buying one of these as well... someday.

Finally, decided to try out the expensive 122mm gun on my IS... it is kind of fun to have a harder hitting gun on that tank, but i have yet to really see the kills rolling in. If not for the 10x points etc. on the test server, it would not be worth it

I guess that is it for my review. The .ru server has RIDICULOUS lag... ranging often between 200-350 through the whole game. Believe it or not, I am already getting used to that problem, with the added benefit of feeling like a superman on the .US server and dont even notice a lag of less than 150 any more.

Also. the Russian players are feeling invaded... often writing things like "US go home" etc. I usually respond by telling them they should bring back the Tsar,

Cheers and enjoy. These patch tests are an amazing way to try tanks without committing to any ill advised purchases.

Fun.

Quote:
I still don't get that.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #390 (permalink)
DSL is new here

You mean bring back the czar?

The faster russian light sounds interesting. Where is it on the tech tree?

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in