mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

doin much better now that i found the options and got my resolution,graphics changed and full screen. much much easier
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #32 (permalink)
Sovereign Connoisseur

I did not know there was an Auto Aim.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Just got my new video card. Wow, what a difference. $60 Sapphire Radeon 5570. It works well in a Dell 531s.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Crap.... why did I click that link?

Darn you guys!

As a former Battlezone addict, I am more than a bit worried about this.

D
Battlezone?:

Or Battlezone?:

I like both... But the Activision version was my favorite game ever ever.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
Sovereign Connoisseur

Having a few issues with FPS and the server is in NC were I live, tied some of the tweaks, not working well, I range for 13 to 25 FPS during a game.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
That sucks I get 40-50 normally, I only notice it go down when the little countdown timer starts at the beginning of the game.

I'm having the hardest time deciding what way to go, between artillery or normal tanks.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #37 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
I think its cool to have a mixture of both. Definitely try arty. Even if you do not like it, the experience will definitely help you learn how to be harder for the opposing arty to hit.

I worked my way through the German arty tree until I had an "elite" Wespe that is just so much fun. Fast and light and capable of killing anything on the map with three shots and many vehicles only require one.

I also broke down and bought an extra slot to start working through the "Grille" which I am not liking as much. Supposedly the "Hummel" kicks ***.

Tanks wise, it takes FOREVER to work through sucky to moderate tanks in the U.S. and even the German tech tree. The Russians have some great gear much earlier in the tree and WAY cheaper in terms of XP.

Finally arrived at a Pzkfw IV after FAR too many rounds in the PzIII with that dink 50mm. They should really classify that as a light tank.
I settled on one light tank that I really like. The A-20. Fast as hell and rocking a decent gun. Also have a T34 in the garage so I can work through the tree to even bigger guns.

The Russian heavies are the cheapest and definitely among the better tanks on the board. Have a nice well tricked KV that I will be "driving" for a long while. The next limb on the tree is a long way away.

Query: Anyone figured out if you can raise the experience level of your crews with the "free experience points". Been saving them up, but I am not sure why.

Cheers and we should start a clan or something!

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooballer View Post
that explains the freakin shots that i had no idea how i was being hit :P id turn and look at them and wouldnt be able to hit em
I am finding that there are quite a few terrain features that allow you to shoot through them in such a way that the target tank has no idea.

Also, the ability to "see" in this game is one of the areas that can be upgraded. Most likely, you are simply getting nailed by someone who can see you way before you can see them.

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeWolf View Post
Having a few issues with FPS and the server is in NC were I live, tied some of the tweaks, not working well, I range for 13 to 25 FPS during a game.
low specs?

im running at 70fps on maxed and on main menu 280. I didnt think the game looked like it really required anything major. Or is it a connection issue rather then performance issue, high ping? I noticed people running over 400 ping tend to lag around pretty bad. Luckily most servers Ive played in ppl are staying down below 200, i think my highest so far as been like 60ish
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:32 AM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Ugh this grind is getting rough. Just got the M5 Stuart, and I swear, each new battle I am the lowest rated tank and I can't get enough XP yet to upgrade my gun, so I drive around ricocheting off everything I aim at. And then I get 30-50 XP a battle. It's going to take forever to get the 1200 XP I need for the turret, and then another 1100 XP just for the 75mm howitzer.

So I play the SU-26 to annoy people who hate arty, the M2 Light to make cash, and the M5 Stuart to try and get a big boy gun.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in