mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 09-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #391 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
T-46 begets a tier IV "T-50" for about 3k in XP. This in turn will permit you a "T-30-2" for an additional 50k in XP.

The T-50-2 is the hardy speed demon... 72mph rated and better armor than with the T-50, which is rated at 60mph.

As for czar vs. tzar... neither are strictly correct. It is like those damn Ruskies have a different word for everything... and WAY different letters than we do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #392 (permalink)
DSL is new here

72mph?! holy crap thats like over 100 kph. Either way that makes it one of the fastest tanks in the game, and if it can actually turn and accelerate, unlike the a20, it'll make a useful scout.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #393 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Finally, the Su-8 was fun to play! Got Top Gun, destroyed 6 tanks on 14 shots and had my team cheering for me. 45k in credits and made the grind to the Su-8 feel worth it!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #394 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

Told ya :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:06 AM   #395 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I finished researching the VK DB, and now have an elite VK36. Trying to decide whether or not I want to keep the 36 as a fun tank, or get the DB, or go back to the pz4 to go down the Porsche heavy line. I'll probably end up going with that last option, though I dread having to deal with a stock 30P.

Got the 107 and the big derp for my KV, so I just have the upgraded engine left to research before it becomes another fun tank since I don't really want to advance to the bigger Soviet stuff. (I got to the KV just to get the free tank once the Soviet tree gets expanded in a few months).

Got past the M7 and into the E8. I guess I forgot how sluggish this thing is when stock. First upgrade was the gun though since the stock gun is even worse. Now working on upgrading the tracks.

On the Tiger I'll most likely be skipping the tracks and last engine upgrade since the tank is a slug either way.

Both my SU152 and my Slugger are fully upgraded, and are well on their way to researching the next tank upgrade. The SU is about 50k xp away from the ISU, and the Slugger is about 25k xp away from the t25. By the time I get all that research done, I should have enough cr to get them both.
I've been saving up my free xp to get the BL10 on the ISU ASAP, and am currently about 20k xp short of that goal (whole thing will cost about 80k xp). With all the tanks I'm grinding away on, it looks like I'll be very close to reaching my goal by the time I get the ISU researched.

I considering getting the T46 again to grind out the 3k xp needed (assuming that's what the figure will be when the patch comes out) for the new tank.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #396 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan aresta View Post

On the Tiger I'll most likely be skipping the tracks and last engine upgrade since the tank is a slug either way.
If your wanting to keep the Tiger than get the track and engine upgrades.
They are a big help for turning and acceleration, huge upgrade over the stock and first set of upgrades.
The tiger is a slug but its never going to be a Ferrari even with all the upgrades.

Also keep the VK36 as a fun tank, get the crew to 100% and charge round shooting people with out stopping.
Deev52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #397 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

nah, I'm not planning on keeping the Tiger. It's just a stepping stone to the Tiger II for me. The way I play it, I have yet to really find myself in a situation where I wished I could turn faster. Though now I'm considering getting the last engine just because it is an upgrade for the Tiger II as well, and getting it now would save me some time later.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #398 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I finally got the final gun upgrade for my IS. Its amazing what a 1 round per minute difference will make. I went from despising it to loving it.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #399 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
At this rate, I'll get the next SPG in 337 battles

Operation Avalanche starts tomorrow, increased crew training will be a nice help.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #400 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

x5 first victory battle as well...

Did anyone else know that this game only runs on a single processor... I'm trying to figure out how to use all processors but I'm not THAT good with computers...

See here: Is The Game Supposed To Run On One Core? - World of Tanks official forum - Page 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in