mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 01-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #491 (permalink)

m5 grind to chafee...worth doing??

hey guys, first post in this particuliar forum,...

I too have been bitten by the WoT bug,
great game though ive spent way too much real coin on it for a "free...." game...

anyways i figured i solicit some opinions on the chafee...

finished the m3 lee grind, breathed a sigh of relief when i got my sherman...now however im haing a rough time sticking with the m5 to the chafee...

is it worth it??...

I will say I generally love the quick lights...

maneuverability is far more important to me than top speed..

t50 rocks my world (grinding the t50-2)
german luchs will never leave my garage
leopard is Ok, working on that grind as well
Hated the T2 premium light.

anyone have an opinion either way for the chafee?

thanks!
sirraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #492 (permalink)

T2 LT is IMHO by far the best scout tank in the game for its tier. Although now they changed its gun .... so my opinion on it is dwindling. Still has speed but its cannon is worthless. However , its an elite tank so its XP is convertible and the percentage of free XP generated is greater. Same with the pz(f) and Tetrarch. All high scoring/paying tier 2s.
Those tier 2 tanks , and some of my tier 4s (elite American t40 , elite KV amd elite leopard) pay for the ability to run my high tiers. Tiers 9&10 , even in a win, you usually lose about 10k without premium.
Cant give advice on the American line. t40 and t2lt are my only Americans. I will say t40 with a full crew is beast mode. Nasty little bastard.

As for the Frenchie talk , well , I used some free XP (about a weeks worth) to grind up through the tier 5 medium (amx12). Its a fun little troll tank. I have the biggest cannon available on it and its pretty vicious. I can hit tigers and t29s for 10-15% and with 7 shots in less than a minute you can have some fun. Had a good match yesterday where I took out a t20 with the help of an arty. Kept tracking him , hitting him for dmg and bouncing about half the shells. Im a dozen or so battles away from the tier 6 (amx13 i think).

My WTB thread -

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/w...rchanging.html
GratefulWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #493 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
I wish they would get rid of the 59's! My T-44 is useless against them. Well, it's useless against most tanks it's tier
Yikes ! My t44 is a 59 eating machine. I just point the sloped front at em and have at it. Try waiting till they engage a heavy tank or other mediums and swoop in behind. Dont even bother shooting at their fronts unless you have the 122 on. Wait till you get a 54 and see a wolfpack of 59s .... its like Christmas come early.

My WTB thread -

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/w...rchanging.html
GratefulWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #494 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I've tried this approach. Turning towards them, letting the armor do the work against their gun. And once they aren't paying attention, try to get along side them or behind them. I'll hit them and do maybe 10-17% damage. If I sit and try and slug it out with them I get caught by other tanks and then it's not so good.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #495 (permalink)
Hmm..

Anyone else really like playing the Jumbo, M4A3E2. Love getting bounces off the sloped front armor. That and my M4 Sherman is the two tanks I have the most fun playing in.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #496 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
The Chaffee is definitely worth it. Not quite as fast as the T50, but packs a way better punch. It is so much fun to circle strafe much higher tier tanks and take them down, to their utter astonishment.

Tis true, the repair costs are usually higher than the winnings, and often it will only take a single big caliber hit to squash you... but the view range is the best in the tier and with the speed to zip from place to place on the map, it can definitely be a game winning tank.

Also, the Sherman line is one of my favorites. Just hit my 600th game in my M4 (dead even... 47% wins, 47% losses and 6% draws) and will never sell that tank.

Love my Jumbo too, but I recently switched to the fast firing 76mm gun from the 105 gun. Still love the mid-derp on my M4 but have been liking the accuracy and speed of the 76mm on the higher tier Jumbo.

And finally, yes, Type 59's may be easy enough to kill if you know the tricks... AND get lucky enough to catch them just right. I win more games than I lose in that tank tho... and even if I lose, the credits pour in like a jackpot busted slot machine.

Btw: A special starts this morning. 3x for first victory and some deals on premium consummables (just in time for me to stock up on automatic fire extinguishers for my big tier 8 tanks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #497 (permalink)
Rec Poster

My whole point in getting a type 59 was to farm credits so I could afford to play my higher tier tanks with out having to constantly get a premium account. It has exceeded my expectations. Plus its a lot of fun.

Rumor has it that they are going to discontinue the type 59. I have not been able to confirm or deny this rumor yet. But if true, I would get on while you can.

Edit: Rumor is confirmed. As of Jan. 16 the type 59 will no longer be available in the store. It may be available during future specials. So if you want one you'd better get it quick.

Last edited by Stevefe; 01-13-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #498 (permalink)
Rec Poster

is the type 59 really worth paying $40 - $50?
Yeti2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #499 (permalink)
DSL is new here

I just bought one and I think so. It makes like a 40k profit in a win and a 15k profit in a well fought loss, and is actually super fun to play with.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #500 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti2008 View Post
is the type 59 really worth paying $40 - $50?
Its actually more like $35, and yeah, for me, it was definitely worth it.

I even bought one for my nephew. His highest tank is a tier III so far and I was planning to wait for his birthday this Summer, but deadlines are deadlines and the Type 59 will be a fun one for us to platoon.

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in