mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 01-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #501 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Once you start running tier 7, 8, 9, and 10 you need something to make credits. The Type 59 does that nicely. My best game was 119k credits. Last week I ran it all day and averaged 50k per game! Plus its a lot of fun.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #502 (permalink)
MCB Member

Good lord! I'm close to 4 million credits, and the only thing I see buying in the near future that will hurt the bank account is the T-54, but I am still 60k XP away from that.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #503 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
And the 54 WILL hurt.... I was platooning with Balzmahoney one day, me in my 59 and he is his 54. He was getting MURDERED in repair/shell costs while I was skating along making credits in my 59 even when I got blasted on the break.

The difference btw the 54 and the 59 is just not significant enough to favor the 54 when the 59 is just so damn cheap to run and profitable to a fault.

Anyway... get yours now!

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #504 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Plus when you go to buy a higher tier tank that 4 million will go poof on the purchase.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #505 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Well I bit the bullet and spent $50 got the 12000 gold and grabbed the type 59 while it was still around. I must say it is a fun tank to play with especially with the fully trained crew. All of you were right it makes a boat load of credits per game even if I lose. Thank you all for the good advice I can see myself using this thing alot.
Yeti2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #506 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Great! I think the deadline is passed now... only way to get a 59 from now on is to wait for WoT to offer them in some sort of special or something.

Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #507 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

With the release of 7.1 I've been mostly making my way down the French tree. They sure are... different. I've got both tier 4 tanks right now, and will shortly be moving up to the 12t.

The light tree hasn't been too bad, with the AMX40 being fairly decent tank once you get the best gun. The heavy tree has been mostly bad, filled with very slow tanks with bad guns, and questionable armor. The B1 does ok when it's at the top of the match, but is completely useless against tanks that are even just one tier above it.

My biggest fear in any of my current French tanks has been the Marder II, and other TDs. Most other tanks at or below tier 4 have trouble doing damage to either the B1 or the AMX40. I also try to avoid any direct solo confrontations with other French tanks of equal tier since that usually turns into an exercise in frustration and luck as you both try to damage each other but can't do so consistently.

The Tetrarch has been a fun little tank to terrorize tier 2 fights. Though it is kind of scary when you get lit up by an autocannon and every single shot does critical damage. I've decided to keep this tank since it can be a lot of care-free fun.

I sold my T-127 since it isn't very effective against French armor. I also sold my T-50-2 since it was a big money sink that wasn't as much fun as the T-50. I've picked up the Hetzer again since it can be a little terror especially against those heavily armored Frenchies.

I haven't been doing much in my high tier tanks. Since I expect to be spending a lot of cr on all the new French tanks as I move down that tree, I want to have a steady positive cr income, and the big boys can't guaranty that.
I have the Perishing researched, but don't have the cr to buy it, and don't expect to have it for a while. I also got the OBJ704 researched, but don't have the cr for it either. The OBJ will take priority over the Perishing once I have the cr available.

I've been having a lot of good battles in my vk3001p now that it's fully upgraded. I still need another 20k xp to get the Tiger(p), but that tank is way down the line when it comes to purchasing priority so I'm in no hurry to get there. I will likely keep the 3001p as a money maker once I have it fully researched.

I'm glad that the Christmas holidays are finally over, and the kids are going back to school. The past couple of weeks have been very frustrating for me since I was getting one bad team after another. Got to the point where I started to seriously consider leaving the game for a while as it just wasn't fun playing with a bunch of lemmings. But now that school is back I've noticed that the general team IQ has picked up again, and I'm having fewer frustrating games, and more fun games.

Last edited by titan aresta; 01-17-2012 at 09:10 AM.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #508 (permalink)
Keep yer pump hand strong

Just bought a Tiger...ending up at bottom on battles most or the time...not fun with a stock tank. Bounce, bounce, bounce.

Side note: HATE Type 59's. No really...like showing up for a pump game and finding you're the only one with the pump and every one else wipes.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #509 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Side note: HATE Type 59's. No really...like showing up for a pump game and finding you're the only one with the pump and every one else wipes.
Yep. That's how I feel. Last match of the day yesterday had 6 59's on the other side, plus an E-75 and something else big. I just hung out in the back and waited to see what happened. Before I knew it I was defending the two arty's left. Ugly, ugly match.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #510 (permalink)
Rec Poster

It seems that the people that don't have them hate them and the people that do have them love them. I remember when I first played against Lowes and KV-5s, didn't like them either but learned how to play against them. I think there are more Types because they are more fun to play than the big hunks. And there are more players to buy them now.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in