mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #711 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkle68 View Post
Hate the su5 though
Aside from the messy traversing (which is easier to see the boundaries with a mod), it does pack more of a punch. I like it when they don't put me at the bottom of the tier.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #712 (permalink)

Been playing my new IS7
Put my old t54 crew in there , 4 skills.
Tank is definitely boner material.

My WTB thread -

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/w...rchanging.html
GratefulWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #713 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkle68 View Post
I have been cursing the bdr since I bought it, until last night when I got the final gun.. It can actually do damage now..
I also curse every French tank I own. Well, I picked the wrong French tree anyway. Wait until you get the stock ARL with the coffin turret. Makes you want to punch your monitor.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #714 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Send a message via AIM to d4rksabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
I also curse every French tank I own. Well, I picked the wrong French tree anyway. Wait until you get the stock ARL with the coffin turret. Makes you want to punch your monitor.
What, exactly, is the purpose of the French tanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #715 (permalink)
MCB Member

Target practice.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:02 AM   #716 (permalink)
Oldbie

Bought my Hummel last night, good times already.
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #717 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
After dabbling in tier IX and X tanks, I can say that I am mostly done with the "upper tiers" in this game.

I have now parked my M46, E50 and IS4 until further notice. Until I get the skills or the computer equipment that will allow me to survive for more than a shot or two, I will be sticking to tier 8 tanks as my ceiling.

I have the IS7 and the M48a1 researched and 20 million credits banked, but I am not going to waste any credits on either tank until I can figure out a way to enjoy upper tier play.

The guns are too big, the tanks are too tough and the players too skilled for me to enjoy play there. Your mistakes are amplified into painful ranges and 15-20k in repairs is just enough to make me bitter.

For now, I am LOVING my premium tank collection. I stuck with them for a while owing to upper tier frustration and I have found that each one is a quirky, individual lesson in tank skills. They are tough enough to win games and cheap enough to not bother me at all when we lose.

Bought the Type 62 when it was available and, although it is a very difficult tank to play well, I am enjoying it even so. If I knock out a tier 9 or 10 at the cost of my 62, I chuckle at how much their repair bill will be.
Evil, I know.

Just waiting for the Locust to go on sale and then I will have all of the premium tanks tier V and below.

ANybody try the physics test server yet?

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #718 (permalink)
DSL is new here

They're adding physics? Finally We've been waiting for that since like February though I havent even heard mention of it since then. I'll be great to actually be able to try to go over rocks without hitting an invisible wall. And be able to ram tanks off of cliffs.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #719 (permalink)

AKA Fan
I made it to the IS3 and decided that I don't like high teir heavy tanks. I'll stick to my meds, TD's, Arty (when I can afford to buy the m40/43 I have researched), and tier 5 lights.

I am having trouble with my Ferdi though. Whenever I've fought against one they seem damn near indestructable from the front. Playing as one I never seem to bounce anything. I still don't have the top gun though so my that's what's bugging me about it.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #720 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Interesting article:

Greedy goblin: The secret of World of Tanks

Summary: No combat log + large number of dice rolls -> room for developers to mess with your odds to win, pushing everyone towards 50% through both MM and hidden roll penalties for entire teams.

I wonder if someone can hack a combat log even if one doesn't exist - to check whether something like this is going on.

XVM can't do it, yet.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in