mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 09-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #761 (permalink)
MCB Member

Haven't tried it yet, though the way you guys are talking, I am a little scared to jump on it tonight. UV_Halo, I tried platooning with you the other night. Username Ratherdashing if you see me on.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #762 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Well I quit playing my tier 8+ heavies because they were to expensive to run. Now this...

M40/M43 - Repair cost increased by 40.75%
T92 - Repair cost increased by 59.33%

I guess I can't afford to run my arty either. So low tier matches look like the best option now.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #763 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
Haven't tried it yet, though the way you guys are talking, I am a little scared to jump on it tonight. UV_Halo, I tried platooning with you the other night. Username Ratherdashing if you see me on.
Thanks! I got the invite but, it was after it was no longer valid, and you didn't appear to be online.

I've added you and, mrmag to my contact list. That being said, this is my routine when I sign in:

I join random matches with each of my vehicles to earn the free X2 experience. Then, I settle on one and just start back to back matches to help move my progress tree.

I only notice the invites/chat when I'm in the garage. Is there some option to see that information while in game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millar156 View Post
Well I quit playing my tier 8+ heavies because they were to expensive to run. Now this...

M40/M43 - Repair cost increased by 40.75%
T92 - Repair cost increased by 59.33%

I guess I can't afford to run my arty either. So low tier matches look like the best option now.
Wait a minute- you mean that as you move up in the tiers, you're not earning enough money to keep the equipment you unlocked running? That seems crappy. If I work my way up the tech tree ladder to get a vehicle and not be able to keep using it that's pretty lame. I'm of the mind that you should be able to earn enough money, even after getting shot out immediately, to at least repair and re-arm (assuming standard consumables).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #764 (permalink)
DSL is new here

UV I normally do what you do, except I alternate between 2 tanks I'm trying to advance so I dont have to wait for the single one to come back from the dead.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #765 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post

Wait a minute- you mean that as you move up in the tiers, you're not earning enough money to keep the equipment you unlocked running? That seems crappy. If I work my way up the tech tree ladder to get a vehicle and not be able to keep using it that's pretty lame. I'm of the mind that you should be able to earn enough money, even after getting shot out immediately, to at least repair and re-arm (assuming standard consumables).
The way the game is set up is that the higher you go, the better you have to be to make cr. Most people either keep a tier 5 or 6 tank around, or have a tier 8 premium tank to make cr.

A bad player will start to have trouble making enough cr at tier 6, and will mostly lose cr at tier 7, an ok player will suffer at tier 8, and a good player will have trouble making cr at tier 9.

Best thing to do is get to tier 5 or 6, and stay there until you feel like you're good enough to step up. Don't rush up the tiers just to get the bigger tank because they will always be more expensive to run, and you will almost always face bigger tanks (until you get to tier 10 of course).

Most important thing to work on is hit rate and survival rate. Tier 6+ heavy gun shells cost 1000+cr; if you can't hit anything with them, you're gonna have a big bill waiting at the end of the game. By the time you get into tier 8+ tanks, shells can easily cost 1500+ each. It all adds up. Survival is important because higher tier tanks cost and arm and a leg to fix. At tier 7 you're looking at 10'000+cr to fix most tanks. Fire 10 shots and get killed, and you're looking at a 20k cr bill that you need to cover.
titan aresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #766 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Thanks! I got the invite but, it was after it was no longer valid, and you didn't appear to be online.

I've added you and, mrmag to my contact list. That being said, this is my routine when I sign in:

I join random matches with each of my vehicles to earn the free X2 experience. Then, I settle on one and just start back to back matches to help move my progress tree.

I only notice the invites/chat when I'm in the garage. Is there some option to see that information while in game?

I haven't seen a way to get notifications in game, and they only pop up at the bottom of the garage

And yes, as you move up in tiers, you can lose money in matches. Some tanks are money makers and others can set you back. If I lose a match in my T44, I generally lose 1-3k credits to repair and resupply.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #767 (permalink)
MCB Member

That is kind of awesome though, as it forces players to actively play in all tiers, not all go up to 10. Yeah, I wish there was a pop up or some sound notification that let you know someone is trying to contact you in game.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #768 (permalink)
Oldbie

Yeah the price increase is making two of mine a pain to use (Tiger, Hummel), the crap shoot that is public servers is just too risky when you can possibly lose a lot of credits. It is a lot prettier now but graphics aren't helping with credit loses or the nerfing I took on my lower tiers. Risky to play one and weak playing the other.
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #769 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
i cant stop playing my t50 it is so fun... i love physics
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #770 (permalink)
Licensed idiot

I haven't played for a good while now, maybe over a year.
I was in the russian beta before the game even came out, I'm missing getting gold per day for freesies...
I even got a ****ty sherman for it!

I'm reinstalling to see the changes they made in physics.

B-17 feedback
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in