mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 05-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #71 (permalink)

Is it an FPS issue or a latency lag issue?
Deev52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #72 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

Alright, I signed up. User name is skiddish9999

Any idea who has the best SPG's?

Also, I remember someone posting that you can get 1000 xp when you start out by completing the tutorial. Is this true? Where is the tutorial? If there is no tutorial where can I find the keyboard controls to the game.

Any starting tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.

Last edited by skiddish9999; 05-18-2011 at 08:19 PM.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #73 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm loving the Russian SPG's, I just unlocked the SU-5 but don't have enough cash for it yet, plus I want my crew from the SU-26 to get to 100% so they can learn a new skill. The SU-26 is nice because it has a turret, so unlike other SPG's you don't have to face or roll towards your target.

I never saw a tutorial, but to be honest, you can get 1000 XP in 6-10 battles, and you probably will learn just as much.

Starting tips...you'll get blown up, A LOT at the beginning, but that's half the fun Learn the maps. I defend myself a lot just from the terrain. Stay out of water, marshes and know when to take a hill. If you don't, you'll be the slowest moving sitting duck there is. Try different things. Some times I scout, other times I support.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #74 (permalink)

The controls are in the main menu, where you can adjust them to suit your style or if you want a quick refresher during a game to remind you what button to push then hit F1.

Main thing to change is your target reticule to show armor penetration when targeting an enemy player. Will show red for little chance of penetration to green for a high chance when mousing over various areas of an enemy tank.
Very useful to do, to cut down on wasted shots.

I have no idea on the best SPG's because I generally just play tanks. Dabbled a bit with TD's and SPG's in beta but they are not my style of play so never bothered going any further with them. I have heard the Hummel in the german tech tree is a good credit earner for a Tier 5ish SPG.

Hide behind bushes and make sure the bush covers the whole front of the tank and not protruding past it, will help for camouflage.
When playing an SPG and you are in the main arty areas, don't bowl over trees and fences etc because you run the risk of enemy SPGs blind firing at you. Also learn to relocate after a few shots due to your shells having a tracer effect and enemy players can follow that line to find out exactly where you are even though you haven't been spotted.
Use those tricks your self for counter arty shots.

Last edited by Deev52; 05-18-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #75 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

How do I go about chaging my reticle?

Quote:
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #76 (permalink)

Its in the main menu options.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:51 AM   #77 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I've noticed since the update a certain jerkiness to the game play at times. I've got good fps and ping times. (30 or so fps and under 100 ping times) One time the game started and I pressed on the accelerator and nothing happened. Then the speedo jumped up and down the tank raced forward then slowed down and then settled into the speed it should have been. Odd.
Stevefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #78 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
I have had great fun with the German SPG tree. I have a Grille with a crew at about 90% and it does pretty well, but I miss my Wespe for some reason.

My SPG crew has over 100 kills!

Today, I will unlock the T34/85 as I am only a few thousand points shy. Once I get that 85mm gun again, I am gonna go back to sniper school!

ROck on!

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #79 (permalink)
Sovereign Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
One thing you might not yet have noticed Fe... you actually score way more points of both kinds for scouting than actually killing.

For example, a scout gets double credit, first for spotting the tank and then again, if someone else kills it.

If you want to run up points, just haul *** all over the map and try not to get drilled. If you can speed far enough into the backfield to find their arty (usually very thing skinned) you can do real damage, either personally or by directing your own arty on to them.

Do not skimp on radios either. The better you have, the more credit you get for scouting.

Also, learn to circle your targets as you shoot them. Most tanks and all SP guns and TD's cannot turn as fast as you can drive.

Cheers.

D
Thx for the info! I will say the T7 is fast, and I have also used the scouting and capping the flag. SP and Light armour is about all I can kill, unless I can get a rear shoot, got a Stug 3 as he was running away. Onething, If they are shooting at me, then they are not shooting at my teammate, had a funny game I was the last one left, they had 8 tanks, I was running for life, until the end of the game!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #80 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

Watch out for raeasonn (I believe that's spelt correctly) he team killed me and 3 others.

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in