Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 04-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive
Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Zone Training -or- "Maybe I'm not as clever as I thought I was"

Zone training- I kind of thought it was a crock. Why on Earth would my body burn more fat at a lower heart rate? How could I possibly get better results from walking fast for half an hour than running 2 sub 10-minute miles?

Well, for s's and g's I tried the "Fat Burner" program on the treadmill for half an hour today. was absolutely ravenously hungry when I finished. Had a small meal (turkey sandwich on whole wheat with veggies), half an hour later my stomach is still burning hungry. Had a banana and a small bowl of cereal, went to bed. Woke up 4 hours later and my gut still has that warm feeling like I can almost feel fat burning off and I'm STILL freaking hungry. I've been back to the gym for the last week and a half and this is the first time I've felt like this, and the zone training was the only thing I've done in my routine that's all that different. Crazy stuff.
Jay AKA Rogue Reservoir Dogs Scenario Paintball Team- Our $#&* is RIGOROUS!
My Gear For SALE!
Check Out My Mod Threads : Pirate DSG - SA17 Mods - Simple/Cheap/Free TPX Mods - The 'Big Damn Hero' DRV
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Semper Fi

Brass N Wood Fan
Im not sure I understand what you are getting at here. Your hunger has nothing to do with what you did for a workout

gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

at high speds, running is more efficient than walking. when you move fast you naturally start running because your body is trying to be efficient. when you speedwalk you are forcing yourself to be inefficient, hence wasting more energy.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

To add to what Heinous is discussing. Muscle memory is an evolutionary trait. Your body will adapt to do something that it does repeatedly. Running a seven minute mile for your first time will burn more calories, and feel far "harder" the first time you do it than the time you do it three months later as part of a normal routine. I find that if I run with a group and they run nine or ten minute miles that my legs do not like it just a couple miles in. Eight minute miles and I am unquestionably more comfortable.
"In the essentials: unity; in the non-essentials: liberty; in all things: love" - often incorrectly attributed to Augustine or John Wesley - original source in question

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in