mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

Well, you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, and know when to run.

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon View Post
...4 PM is when your body is most prepared for training...
Assuming you wake up at what time? I'm just curious because my guess would be your body is primed 7-9 hours into your day.

Personally I run to run. But, if I'm running to beat a time or for competition like a friendly CTF game, I'll want at least two meals in... one mostly complex carbs with some protein, one mostly fat and protein with minimal carbs.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
MQ2 Pumper!

From what I read, cortisol levels are high in the morning, and running first thing will just make them even higher. That messes with your insulin resistance, which is bad when trying to lose weight, especially around the gut.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

But, you can't spot-reduce fat. You have a body fat percentage throughout your whole body, you can't have less fat in your arms than your stomach although everyone stores fat slightly differently and an "apple shape" (male) will always store most of their fat in the stomach region.

Also, isn't cortisol related to stress? If so, running helps relieve stress, at least I think. But, if you're running on fumes, I could see it increasing those cortisol levels... guess everyone is different.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
MQ2 Pumper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealingYerMail View Post
But, you can't spot-reduce fat. You have a body fat percentage throughout your whole body, you can't have less fat in your arms than your stomach although everyone stores fat slightly differently and an "apple shape" (male) will always store most of their fat in the stomach region.
If you look up Biosignature Method, fat storage was found to be based on hormone profile. Based on skin fold measurements from specific parts of the body, there are certain ratios between measurements that reflect how your body is storing fat. High ratio of belly fat has been tied to cortisol issues. Like you said, it's a stress hormone, but not really in the sense of being emotionally stressed out if it's high.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

^^ Spam bot reported...

Anyways, i just run when i have time. I usually go to the gym after work, around 10 am or 11 am. I never eat before hand, which probably isn't smart, but i don't care. Do an hour of cardio and an hour of wieghtlifting off an empty stomach. Outside of protein powder and water drink, i don't eat usually until i go to bed and have woke up that night.

There are times i go to the gym after being up over 30 hours straight. Another thing people look at me like i am crazy for. Meh, as far as i am concerned as long as my body will take it, i will happily dish it out to it. Push yourself to your limits any chance you get. To me that works the body out the most.
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
MQ2 Pumper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato View Post
^^ Spam bot reported...
Thanks, you made my day.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

i wasn't talking about you. I swear. There really was a spam bot there, with some for sale links to some dumb site. LOL
Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Texas Rush - Pump Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato View Post
i wasn't talking about you. I swear. There really was a spam bot there, with some for sale links to some dumb site. LOL

Suuuuure
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
Igloo member

guys the bot is still here.....

Just kidding,
So now that we have derailed the train into web oblivion. Whats shall we discuss now?
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in