mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 05-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #51 (permalink)
the proper use of .50cal

I checked it out after reading about here on Friday and download the demo. Played with it Saturday and told my self I would not buy it (to get access to the space planes) unless I could make orbit with the demo parts.

OK so by Sunday afternoon I was crashing Space Planes!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #52 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcon-5 View Post
I checked it out after reading about here on Friday and download the demo. Played with it Saturday and told my self I would not buy it (to get access to the space planes) unless I could make orbit with the demo parts.

OK so by Sunday afternoon I was crashing Space Planes!
Exactly what I did. I wanted to understand the mechanics behind the game first to see if I would have fun later. I didn't want to drop the cash on a game that could potentially become frustrating and not fun.

Rockets are so much easier than space planes..
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #53 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
Rockets are so much easier than space planes..
FFFFF yes they are, I still cant create a reliable space plane that wont explode or turn funny.

I've made my most successful rocket yet, was messing with how short i can make it, ended up with 3 fuel stages all the short, fat tanks spread out wide with aerospikes and a slightly larger main engine. Got it to orbit the moon and ran out of fuel as I was trying to land, so it's now stuck in orbit...

The key to long travel seems to be how you manage and route your fuel. I've been doing what they call asparagus staging, when you set up say 3 stages, then use fuel piping to pipe fuel from the 1st stage to the second then to the third. Where as before when you burn ALL rockets they all die, now when i dump a stage, i still have 4 of the 6 rockets full of fuel.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #54 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
FFFFF yes they are, I still cant create a reliable space plane that wont explode or turn funny.

I've made my most successful rocket yet, was messing with how short i can make it, ended up with 3 fuel stages all the short, fat tanks spread out wide with aerospikes and a slightly larger main engine. Got it to orbit the moon and ran out of fuel as I was trying to land, so it's now stuck in orbit...

The key to long travel seems to be how you manage and route your fuel. I've been doing what they call asparagus staging, when you set up say 3 stages, then use fuel piping to pipe fuel from the 1st stage to the second then to the third. Where as before when you burn ALL rockets they all die, now when i dump a stage, i still have 4 of the 6 rockets full of fuel.
I haven't made a space plane that works well in Atmosphere yet. Good glider but that's about it. Actually, off the runway it is already hitting over 19g's.

I've resorted to replacing the jet engines with liquid fuel oxidizer rockets and mounted the space plane at the top of a 3 stage rocket. It acts as the command module and the rocket helps it get to space. Kinda useless though.

I do have a moon rocket though. It's massive and a fuel hog. Gets me to lunar orbit with half a tank to spare for landing though.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #55 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Also did my first powerered landing. Orbited the planet a while then came back down and landed with no chute or landing gear, damn near right on top of the launch area

This game is fun, but you just have to set some kind of personal goals for now until they give you objectives. I'm still working towards actually landing on the moon whether or not I have fuel left, i'll worry about getting back later.

Though with that last, flat rocket I built, i think i may add onto that and tweak it some, only problem with it was, it was rather spinny, I could ONLY go straight up until i was completely from the atomosphere, kill the engines, angle myself where I needed to go then thrust again, would start spinning again, I'll have to figure out what was going on.3

Lol and I did manage to get a SUPER flimsy rocket into space made up of 3 stacks and 3 layers of those orange tanks and the largest rockets, it looked like a handfull of hotdogs flopping around in the air as it flew, I dont see how it didn't explode. Like the tanks would literally intersect the entire ship inwards at a 90* angle from where they were attached, I was laughing my *** off the entire time.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.

Last edited by JLuke; 05-08-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #56 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Lol and I did manage to get a SUPER flimsy rocket into space made up of 3 stacks and 3 layers of those orange tanks and the largest rockets, it looked like a handfull of hotdogs flopping around in the air as it flew, I dont see how it didn't explode. Like the tanks would literally intersect the entire ship inwards at a 90* angle from where they were attached, I was laughing my *** off the entire time.

I don't see how some of this stuff can even fly..

Edit: This might just be a station with a bunch of space planes attached to it.

Probably one of the most detailed stations I've seen..

Old 05-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #57 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Gah so close, got into mun orbit, retrograded to get traveling down to the planet and ran out of fuel, crashed into the mun doing about 600meters per second

Old 05-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #58 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Well the term mun "Landing" can be subjective, but I'm at least ON the damn rock.

I won't lie, this game gives you the most "accomplished" feeling when you actually do something besides blowing crap up.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #59 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
I won't lie, this game gives you the most "accomplished" feeling when you actually do something besides blowing crap up.
If you don't feel accomplished after blowing stuff up, then add more solid fuel rocket boosters...

My record is making my quad core i5 with 16 gigs of ram stagger for 10 minutes after hitting the space bar on launch.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #60 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Do satellites and probes have any use yet? I just launched my first satellite into orbit with all kinds of gadgets. None of them seem to do anything when activated.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in