mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy6776 View Post
I'm kinda curious as to your reason for cutting caffeine?
That's what I was wondering unless he just means caffeinated drinks which are full of empty calories. Caffeine in itself can be a useful tool to boost performance.

*derp, answered while I was typing.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
That's what I was wondering unless he just means caffeinated drinks which are full of empty calories. Caffeine in itself can be a useful tool to boost performance.

*derp, answered while I was typing.
so does that mean i should start back with black joes no sugar no cream? or maybe i should hold off until the day and drink a big cup that morning to lose all the water weight?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Nah, I was referring to caffeine as a stimulant. Not the drinks. I would avoid those if looking to lose weight. You don't really need to retain water to run either.

You can take caffeine supplements for a little energy boost, just pay attention to what you're doing and do it in moderation.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

i just sweat a lot is all, and always thirsty after a little jog. never tried caffeine supplements. it's probably a bad idea to start so suddenly... maybe tea?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fat and happy

Send a message via AIM to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via MSN to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Bunker-Monkey

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
can't really do any workouts that include legs, my legs are pretty weak from slacking off and injury and they're pretty out of strength just from running. i guess it's the pushups and pullups for me.
Well your legs won't get stronger if you don't start working them. Do wall squats like back in gym class. Start with less reps and work up to it. just stand with your back to a wall and your feet maybe 4 inches out and squat down til your knees are at in between 45-90 degrees and hold it.

I had ACL surgery last December and I am up to doing my earlier posted work out now. You can do it too if you stick with it.

Please please please don't ignore them just cuz they are weak. Your quads are a huge muscle mass and the more you build them, the better off you will be. Just do mini squats (up to 45 degrees) if you can't do full ones.. you have to work them or they will never get better.

5 Calf raises on your stairs, and 5 wall squats for 10-15 seconds maybe 3 times a day (increase as you go)

It will only help you bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2viking View Post
BUNKER know's his stuff.
QFMFT

Bunker

---------------------------
Nothing is stylish in the deadbox. - NSGSplatmaster
No matter how hot she is, somewhere there is a man that is sick of her ****. - ChaplainBane

The Bunker Monkey Wish List... help me fill it!

Bunker-Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Fat and happy

Send a message via AIM to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via MSN to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Bunker-Monkey

CCM Fan
Cutting caffeine is usually recommended on most serious workout regiments because of the fact that it dehydrates you.

To get the most from workouts you're supposed to be fully hydrated and fully rested.. at least that's conventional wisdom.

I switch to drinking only water and natural fruit juice when I get serious about it (which is rare).. but the worst is cutting out beer/booze.

Its all a matter of getting out what you put into it.. if you alter your diet 100% and push to build as much muscle as possible, yeah I would say cut out caffeine. If you are just average joe trying to look better, I wouldn't cut it out but I would cut down.

Bunker

---------------------------
Nothing is stylish in the deadbox. - NSGSplatmaster
No matter how hot she is, somewhere there is a man that is sick of her ****. - ChaplainBane

The Bunker Monkey Wish List... help me fill it!

Bunker-Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

alright. thanks for the tips and pms.

i guess i'll stay caffeine free then since i already got over the headache and everything. i rarely have booze so that's not a problem. i could go check out those diet things since i'm already going to shop for traveling stuff.

plenty of stairs where i'm going. i guess all that'll be easily arranged.

there's going to be some hiking trails and a horse circuit too, i think i can keep running there plus do some hiking.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in