mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   Hit The Gym Today (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/173150-hit-gym-today.html)

Kermit 08-19-2011 08:16 PM

Hit The Gym Today

Just joined the gym today. The trainer that I'll be working with asked me to come in later in the day for an introduction to the gym and to give me an overview of their workout plans.

Pretty nervous at first, hadn't ever used a public gym but it worked out really well. Everyone was polite, and the trainer was amazing. Also realized how out of shape I am :p

Thought I'd share. My muscles are still burning, I had a great work out. Go hit the gym if you want to shape up. Well worth the money I've put down so far.

Hawkeye20 08-19-2011 08:30 PM

Jeeze dude that must have HURT!

Kermit 08-19-2011 08:34 PM

Not sure if that's a cheesy response to "hitting" the gym or not :p

But yeah, the ab's were the hardest part.

chopper duke 08-19-2011 08:56 PM

I go 6 nights a week and hurt every time I leave. Sucks getting old.

Stilgar 08-19-2011 09:22 PM

Its not so much when I leave the gym but the day after that the muscles start to ache...

oldskoolkillz 08-19-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigballa (Post 1970102)
Just joined the gym today. The trainer that I'll be working with asked me to come in later in the day for an introduction to the gym and to give me an overview of their workout plans.

Pretty nervous at first, hadn't ever used a public gym but it worked out really well. Everyone was polite, and the trainer was amazing. Also realized how out of shape I am :p

Thought I'd share. My muscles are still burning, I had a great work out. Go hit the gym if you want to shape up. Well worth the money I've put down so far.

If this were in members......I could change so much of this!!!!:p that it would sound so bad.....lol

Kermit 08-19-2011 09:49 PM

Tempted to repost this in the bar and grille.........hehe

And I'm sore, I haven't worked out this much in a long time. Well, not as much sore as tired.

chl2onic 08-19-2011 10:18 PM

I used to be a gym rat, but I havent been there in a few years until about a month ago. My girlfriend and I got a membership together, even though we rarely go together cuz of work, but I work each muscle group to failure, and chase my workout with a steam room stretch, and a protein shake, or fruit smoothie, my muscles rarely hurt in the morning. I don't take any other supplements to gain muscle, just protein, I highly recommend it. I weighed in at 236 on my first day befroe the workout, and I weighed in at 219/ 220 today after my workout.

Glad to hear you are getting into it, I feel amazing for the most part now, and my 8-10 hour construction job doesn't fatigue me anymore... I can't wait to bring the energy to the pb field at the next big game that's coming up. Stay at it, and good luck man!!

Kermit 08-19-2011 10:38 PM

I'm doing this for paintball, and my self. I'm tired of pulling a muscle every time I run into the snake.

Marathon 08-19-2011 11:05 PM

Bigballa
About 20 years ago I started going to the gym to get ready for the next PB season; I never really stopped working out. Exercise can become its own reward. As much as todays workout might hurt it will be exponentially worse if u r trying to get in shape 10 - 20 years from now.
If u start early it becomes a routine

Consider what your trainer has to say but also listen to yourself. You may find a delight in certain exercises you wouldn't have expected. (there r lots of great marathons in Florida in the winter months :)