mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Angry bah! today's gamers!

does human revolution have native controller support?

the dumb **** wants native controller support for a pc fps?!?!!?!?!? people CRAVE for keyboard and mouse because it's actually, you know, superior for an fps game... god damn halo has physically dumbed down an entire generation's hand eye coordination and limited them to fingers only.

i am SO glad this game is single player, i will never be able to play multiplayer without the urge to punch someone through the monitor.

dumbass kids!

Last edited by heinous; 08-21-2011 at 09:16 PM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

word.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
does human revolution have native controller support?

the dumb **** wants native controller support for a pc fps?!?!!?!?!? people CRAVE for keyboard and mouse because it's actually, you know, superior for an fps game... god damn halo has physically silly an entire generation's hand eye coordination and limited them to fingers only.

i am SO glad this game is single player, i will never be able to play multiplayer without the urge to punch someone through the monitor.

dumbass kids!

And thats different from having a hand on the keyboard and one of the mouse... how, exactly?
Old 08-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
And thats different from having a hand on the keyboard and one of the mouse... how, exactly?
in the same way that the sixaxis fails. with the mouse you have to hold the entire device steady.

in any case the kids fail because they can't learn to use a device that allows them to perform at a higher level by the simple act of turning faster. i'd hate to use a controller for deus ex. there's a reason why consoles as far back as the ps2 wanted to have usb keyboard and mouse support
Old 08-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I've always felt like PC games let you turn way too quickly. It's jarring, feels really wrong, unnatural. And the keyboard side of keyboard/mouse controls are just.. Meh.

No, Pads for me. They make me much happier.
bgearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

lol you can always change mouse sensitivity.

i still remember the first time i played keyboard fps, it was unreal tournament and the controls just feel so natural.

i have worn out the lettering on the wasd keys on a few keyboards, that's how much i use them.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgearing View Post
I've always felt like PC games let you turn way too quickly. It's jarring, feels really wrong, unnatural.
Well think about it--take a shooter for example. In real life, if you get shot at, are you going to turn around mechanically and smoothly to deal with the threat (console), or are you going to whip around quickly (PC)?

Victis Honor

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Nemo Malus Felix
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

You mean, are you going to turn around to deal with the threat (console), or are you going to whip around so quickly that your head literally spins right off your neck due to vortex shedding (PC)?

I started off as a PC gamer. I switched over to my X360 because that's what my friends were gaming with. I actually enjoy it much more.

In defense of the OP, though, I play with control pads on the console games, in which case the playing field is level. I don't ask for controller support on PC games. That's just asking to get murdered.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
DSL is new here

Halo is too damn slow because of the slow turning. I mean dammit I could turn a semi truck around faster some times. Its much more natural to move your whole hand in order to deal with a threat rather than trying to just wiggle your thumb a tad.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

It's a large release and it's released on multiple platforms, it definitely will have it.

As for thumbsticks, having to align two axes in a split second vs just moving directly on where you want it to go in a moment's notice and preferring the former just boggles my mind.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in