mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 09-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
I win, 8==bd==8

Send a message via AIM to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via MSN to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Bunker-Monkey

CCM Fan
Official League of Legends MCB usernames and discussions

Greetings,

League of Legends is a free online game that pits up to 5 heros against another set of 5 heros in a battle to destroy the other team's base.

Since there seems to be a decent following among MCB I thought I would start a thread for further Leage of Legends discussions, while archiving mcb users' names all in one place.

I am currently working on getting a Team speak server up and running, so we can organize teams and matches.

MCB Name LoL Name
--------------------------------
Bunker-Monkey-----Bunkermonkey
Bunker-Monkey-----Autotrigger
Droop--------------BroVWade
Droop--------------Not Howard Dean
gainman------------gainman
gainman------------dominator5k
Cobbon------------Cobbon
Festa--------------Sweet the man
cirkle68------------cirkle
cirkle68------------thir13teen
Side-Swipe---------GypsySawze
Robbie Free--------xphoenixjonesx
BigBalla23----------xxxBigMan23xxx
Falcon16-----------Falcon1685
russc--------------csis.
midnite-penguin----Ballsackk
Jasper371---------LongDongSilverz
Mr.Rush-----------demotholis
Pr3mium-----------Pr3mium
YeloSno-----------Cokes McSnortski
PaintballinFatty----Jorge

VENT SERVER INFO:
--------------------

Server- epicadarkspear.guildvent.net
Port- 6257
** PM myself or Gainman to get the password **

Bunker

I would like to thank beer for paintball ::: AKA proudly sponsored by SHIPYARD ALE

---------------------------
Nothing is stylish in the deadbox. - NSGSplatmaster
No matter how hot she is, somewhere there is a man that is sick of her ****. - ChaplainBane

The Bunker Monkey Wish List... help me fill it!

Last edited by Bunker-Monkey; 02-23-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Updating first post
Bunker-Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
I win, 8==bd==8

Send a message via AIM to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via MSN to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Bunker-Monkey

CCM Fan
Currently I am level 22 and have unlocked a bunch of characters. A big bunch of them with RP, but I hit level 22 so a bunch with IP as well.

Here's what I use and my opinions on how I play them.

AD Carry:
Sivir - Pretty solid with Sivir, harrassing and instakilling creepwaves ftw. Usually I have good survivabilty and more kills than deaths.
Twitch - his range limits him and he's squishy but I love playing him get good kills however die often.
Tristana and ashe sometimes come out too but I am not as good with them.

Tanky:
Singed, alistar and mundo are my faves, I usually only tank when duo queing with someone thats going to do a carry. Then its all about soaking up damage, letting them get last hits and setting up their kills.

AP Carry:
Brand is fun to play and I get good kills, but I am glass cannon.
Heimerdinger I like to play as him every once and a while, but I hug my cannons too much I think.

Hybrid:
Jax - Just unlocked him and trying to learn him. Hit or miss at this point.
Twitch - kind of working on a hybrid build for him.. having better results atm.

Bunker

I would like to thank beer for paintball ::: AKA proudly sponsored by SHIPYARD ALE

No matter how hot she is, somewhere there is a man that is sick of her ****. - ChaplainBane

Old 09-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
I win, 8==bd==8

CCM Fan
So I have a question.

I have been using Dr.Mondo for a few days now and I have found since his abilities all use health that adding ad seems relatively useless.

Every build I see seems to ignore burning agony which does a tenacity like effect by reducing stun durations and does scalable magic damage in a aura similar to sunfire cape.

I have had nothing but good luck with this especially if I lane with ashe or someone with a stun. I am just curious why every build levels this last... with the massive hp regen I get from spirit visage, warmogs and force of nature it is up nonstop in the end game (for the most part)

just curious..

Bunker

Old 09-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
you dont want ad for mundo. you want to build him like a tank. magic pen reds, and tank everything else.

as far as skills, cleaver is your main move. you should be using it all the time, and leveling it first. it slows enemies both so your team can catch them, and so you can get away if getting chased. also your main source of damage.

burning agony should be leveled second, for its farming ability and for the cc effect reduction.

of course, your ultimate should always get a point when possible.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Confirmed Agglet

CCM Fan
crap needs xp i have a mac will it run fine?
Edit: never mind will download on my desktop

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
tomdabmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
i dont think it works for mac. not sure though

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
BOB LONG!

CCM Fan
If you're up for AI only games hit me up. Thats all I really play. Don't want to deal with the mess that is ranked/normal games unless its custom game among friends.

Festa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
BOB LONG!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker-Monkey View Post

I have been using Dr.Mondo for a few days now and I have found since his abilities all use health that adding ad seems relatively useless.

Mundo's steroid self-buff is a fantastic way to get AD when you need it so building AD into his items is a bit inefficient. In my experience it is more economical to just build him bulky, use your self-buff when need some extra punch and if you really want to get an offensive item just buy at Atma's Impaler later in the game and let all the HP you've accumulated earlier in the game work for you.

He's a real fun character to play in 3v3, but in Summoner's Rift there seems to be better choices for a tough-guy character. I hope the dynamics in Dominion play more to his abilities.

Festa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
i added everyone on the list. so if you have wierd random person asking to smell your underwear, thats me.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

League of Legends is NOT a free game - it just doesn't advertise the full costs of staying up to date with the game.

The starter "collector's pack" which is the least expensive way to get some basic unlocks - 20 champions and some runes - will cost $10 digital download, or a bit more shipped, and is not available from their website. You have to look on Amazon and similar stores.

Most new Champions they release cost between $5 and $12 to unlock with Riot Points, or 3000 to 6000 influence points - the equivalent of playing 20 to 40 matches.
Each match lasts 25 minutes to an hour, averaging around 45 minutes - so it takes about 30 hours of play time to unlock a new champion, if you can't pay.
Riot often releases champions that fulfill the same role as what you already unlocked, but do a better job at it and with more interesting abilities (this isn't always true, but occurs frequently enough).

There is no "unlock all" option offered, and even the collector's pack is deliberately under-advertised to increase their profits from unlocks. For comparison, to unlock those 20 champions from within the game's store it would be over $50 in Riot Points - because some of them are less expensive.

This is somewhat alleviated by the random weekly unlocks - but still pressures people to pay their unreasonable unlock fees. You don't really need the full unlock (which would cost Hundreds) but it's still a significantly higher fee then it's competition.

This is without mentioning the level 1 to level 30 "progression" where you get to play handicapped against veterans that get statistical advantages over you, besides their experience.

The "Free to Play" label is a nasty marketing bait and switch, and I'm tired of everyone repeating it like a mantra when describing this otherwise interesting game.

Last edited by Tenet; 09-19-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in