mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 02-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend

Well I'm waiting for the d400. If not to buy that, hopefully it will at least drive the price of d300's down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback

Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I'm considering picking up a D7k to compare to my 50D and go from there, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: And by "picking up" I mean rent...
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by worrptangl; 02-08-2012 at 09:38 PM.
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I've pre-ordered one and I'm pretty excited for it. I've never been a pixel peeper, but 36 MP for low iso work (studio and landscapes) is pretty appealing. Not to mention a 15 MP DX crop mode for birding and wildlife.

Even at high ISO, take the D7000 performance (as mentioned by CJ) and downsize it to 12 MP and I'm sure it'll more than compete with the D700.

Nikon needs to sell D4's, and they're not going to do that with a high ISO, high framerate D700 replacement.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frink View Post
I've pre-ordered one and I'm pretty excited for it. I've never been a pixel peeper, but 36 MP for low iso work (studio and landscapes) is pretty appealing. Not to mention a 15 MP DX crop mode for birding and wildlife.

Even at high ISO, take the D7000 performance (as mentioned by CJ) and downsize it to 12 MP and I'm sure it'll more than compete with the D700.

Nikon needs to sell D4's, and they're not going to do that with a high ISO, high framerate D700 replacement.
Let us know how you like it. I'm really digging it, but can't justify that kind of expense at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Nice Guy

The D4 is a better camera (16MB FF), especially if you don't need the resolution. Low light performace on it is WAAAAY better because the sensor elements are 4x as large. I shot a wedding yesterday for a friend, and even with f1.4 glass was kicking it up to ISO400. On the D4 you could bump it to 1600 or 3200 and STILL not see any issues with image clarity or grain.

The downside is the D4 is 2x as much as the D800.
Ultimate Revenge 2.0 (ML003), CCM Series Six (S5P007), DYE DAM, Bob Long MVP, Sterling STP (S00028), Metadyne Thumbper (M7-00041), MQ2 Half-Blocked 'Cocker, Nova 700, Spyder SE, Sniper 3, Metadyne Havoc, F2 Illustrator, BE Rainmaker, Tiberius 8.1, and a pair of Goblins.
JCHoefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHoefer View Post
The D4 is a better camera (16MB FF), especially if you don't need the resolution. Low light performace on it is WAAAAY better because the sensor elements are 4x as large. I shot a wedding yesterday for a friend, and even with f1.4 glass was kicking it up to ISO400. On the D4 you could bump it to 1600 or 3200 and STILL not see any issues with image clarity or grain.

The downside is the D4 is 2x as much as the D800.
IMO that's what Nikon had planned on though. Market the D800 for the people who don't need high FPS and all the other doodads on the D4. Too me the D4 is the working pro camera for sports and all the low light stuff, and the D800 is geared towards landscapes, studio, stock etc... The stuff where people care about making huge pictures or high resolution.

Either way Nikon has a solid lineup!
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #17 (permalink)

You can't really compare the D4 and the D800. Sure they both take photos and video and such but one will survive the harsh use at the hands of a photojournalist while the other may crap out (rain, travel, demos) Two different cameras for different needs. I've had my hands on both and they are nice. The D800 has a great feel and is well balanced while the D4 has been trimmed down somewhat and had some of the buttons and switches that snagged on stuff removed.
pixguy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in