mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 02-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Its been so long I barely remember MW3.

If you're building a PC for this check out ebay for a used set of saitek controllers. I picked up an x45 setup last year for less than $30

I've got mine set up on a PC in my basement right now, hooked to a 32" tv and only things loaded on it are XP and the last release of MW4 from mektek.net

I want my ghost bear mechs, bear cub for my scouting roles, grizzly for my every day missions, and kodiak for when that lance of all atlas mechs needs to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

lmao wow! i had a brain part... saw MW3 and im like jigga wha.. when did COD get lasers.... then remembered this was a mechwarrior thread. haha >.<

Did the mod for crysis wars go away? Mechwarrior living legends I think it was called? I havnt got my PC built yet so been away from it for awhile. I absolutely loved that game, spent alteast 5 hrs at a time on it and it felt like maybe a half hour :P just hated how stats reset every game. so start of every game u had to work your way back up to getting a heavy.
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I still have my Saitek X36 setup for MW3. Looking forward to this one.
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Sly Fox Cyndicate

Send a message via AIM to criticalhammer

Fan of EMR
Is it bad I still play mechwarrior 2 online?

Yeah if this does take off, i'm building a PC specifically for this game.
A world is supported by four things: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous, and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing without a ruler who knows the art of ruling. Discourses on Galactic Leadership

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves." - Bill Hicks

R.I.P Bill Hicks
criticalhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Addicted to Fractals

Palmers Fan
Just reserved my character name. I am excite for this and Hawken. Might just have to invest in one of those fancy Saitek setups too. Back when I played MW3 religiously I used a Logitech Wingman Extreme =P
Old 03-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
I am not a macodomy!!

Finally a video is up. Not much game footage but it's a nice teaser. http://www.unfinishedman.com/mechwar...las-rocks-out/
caplucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Damn, anybody heard about MechWarrior Tactics? It's a F2P, online multiplayer recreation of the original BT tabletop wargame. And it runs in your browser. There's just too many interesting F2P games out, in beta, or coming out, and not enough hours in the day. What's unemployment paying these days, and how long can I milk it before the government cuts me off the public teat?

Though, looking around YouTube for any videos of the game, I can't find any. No idea yet if the game is currently live or not. Oh, and I found out about the game here on the Penny Arcade Report. Good article, you should read it.

*EDIT* Yep, the game is in development, so not out yet. Damnit.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

i think tactics is gonna be BA. Im a strategy nut... and loved mech commander 2. So hoping they refine the gameplay but still maintain that type of angle, rather then fps or top down.
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
I am not a macodomy!!

Many, many hours spent playing the old minature battle tech game. Use to be able to go to Ral Partha in Ohio and buy the figs right out the molds. Lived in a house with a bunch of buds and we had at least 4 of every mech and a full table with maps and homeade buildings. A party ball and some late nights playing battletech made for some fun times. There was a online version a bunch of years back we found to play lan or with another person which was an exact version of the paper rules, was very basic with not much in the graphics dept but was fun. May have to look it up again.

*Found it. http://megamek.info/

Last edited by caplucky; 03-10-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: found link
caplucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXJ9Jrbr9cE&
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in