mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #111 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesn8s View Post
The Collectors are tough. Round 10 had us trying to activate devices and we got mobbed with a Praetorian and a Scion camped out on device 1.
I haven't seen very many pugs make it past wave 3 on Gold / Platinum. People need to stop melee attacking the suicide nukes and quit standing in the Praetorian grenade spam.

Nothing a Javelin with high velocity barrel and bullet penetration mod can't fix.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #112 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

I'm really impressed with how the Volus were handled. I was expecting a whole bunch of characters based around the 'Biotic God' joke from ME2 (And the Adept kinda makes reference to it, but in a subtle and funny way), and the rest are really well done.

I just wish I'd paid attention to the notes on the new DLC, though. I first saw one playing FBW and saw a Volus run past me-all I could think was 'What the ****? We have Volus now?'

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #113 (permalink)
Post Whore

just wait till the Vanguard Volus comes out

I've been pretty impressed with the Adept, a little squishy, but his skills more than make up for it. I even saw pictures of a Volus soloing Platinum the other day. Took him like 80 minutes, but he did it.

btw, best thing I have seen so far....Vanguard charged a Nuke Abomination. Holy Hell was that funny to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #114 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
I haven't seen very many pugs make it past wave 3 on Gold / Platinum. People need to stop melee attacking the suicide nukes and quit standing in the Praetorian grenade spam.

Nothing a Javelin with high velocity barrel and bullet penetration mod can't fix.
Christ, I stick with Bronze and depending on the pickup teammates the collectors and reapers are tough fights.

I hope to move up to Silver games once I get some better weapon and equipment drops.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #115 (permalink)
Post Whore

Give Silver a shot, as long as you get a full group and you use your consumables it's pretty good. I keep away from Gold, just doesn't seem as fun to me. Maybe I should try it again sometime, but I've heard some complaining that with the recent DLC and patch, things have gotten harder.

If you want better gear, the best method (its kind of slow) is to level up all the low level stuff with basic packs and Veteran packs....then once you have all those at level X, move up to Spectre/Premium packs. Then you get less low level crap in those higher cost packs. You'll definitely get a rare in the Spectre packs but to get some good weapons it can be a killer wait. I still don't have the Asari Adept (or most of the non starting adepts) and I've been playing since the Demo came out

Also, if you haven't, try to get in on the weekend operations, they are starting them weekly now coming next week I think. Some of those promotional weapons are great (Hurricane, Valiant). Toss the Hurricane on a Turian Soldier if you have it, and bam, you are good for Silver Actually if you have a Tempest you are good for SIlver too.

Post your username and we can check out your manifest
if you're on PC, add me and we can run some games sometime.
rogue_jay on Origin.

I have noticed a few REALLY hairy rounds on my last few Silver games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #116 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
Give Silver a shot, as long as you get a full group and you use your consumables it's pretty good. I keep away from Gold, just doesn't seem as fun to me. Maybe I should try it again sometime, but I've heard some complaining that with the recent DLC and patch, things have gotten harder.

If you want better gear, the best method (its kind of slow) is to level up all the low level stuff with basic packs and Veteran packs....then once you have all those at level X, move up to Spectre/Premium packs. Then you get less low level crap in those higher cost packs. You'll definitely get a rare in the Spectre packs but to get some good weapons it can be a killer wait. I still don't have the Asari Adept (or most of the non starting adepts) and I've been playing since the Demo came out

Also, if you haven't, try to get in on the weekend operations, they are starting them weekly now coming next week I think. Some of those promotional weapons are great (Hurricane, Valiant). Toss the Hurricane on a Turian Soldier if you have it, and bam, you are good for Silver Actually if you have a Tempest you are good for SIlver too.

Post your username and we can check out your manifest
if you're on PC, add me and we can run some games sometime.
rogue_jay on Origin.

I have noticed a few REALLY hairy rounds on my last few Silver games.

Things have gotten harder but not because of the new faction units. Somewhere in the patch they either bugged or removed shield/health gating so now you take full damage. That means two troopers can instantly kill you with a three shot burst. If they ever fix this then the difficulty should be close to what it was pre-DLC.

Silver is still possible, with very few consumables, but Gold is an entirely different beast. Not even going to mention Platinum. The jump in difficulty between Silver and Gold is huge. Prepare to use a LOT of consumables and lvl 3 / lvl 4 upgrades. I've been running Gold more now and I usually have to buy a jumbo equipment pack after each match. Gold Cerberus seems to be the easiest of the gold factions, you just have to watch out for the Dragoons.

I've been seeing videos of people running Platinum, SOLO. Don't know how they do it other than running it with OP'd classes and weapons. Usually Turian Ghost with Harrier X or Beam X.

Gunman, my Origin tag is CCMgamer.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #117 (permalink)

people still play this?!

after witnessing the ending, I might as well chuck my copy out - haven't played it since.
szary[PL] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #118 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by szary[PL] View Post
people still play this?!

after witnessing the ending, I might as well chuck my copy out - haven't played it since.
yea i'm kinda on the same page as you. the ending ruined it for me. Now they're going to make a 4th game. Guess who won't be buying it?
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #119 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
The multi-player has swallowed my soul. I think I have something like 257 hours in it so far.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #120 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
The multi-player has swallowed my soul. I think I have something like 257 hours in it so far.
I have about 248 I think. As long as they keep coming out with MP DLC then I will probably keep on playing.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in