mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #161 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

I got the N7 Typhoon in that pack. I gave it Stabilization Mod and AR Piercing, and it SHREDS Guardians and Atlases. I had three Atlases coming at me in a Silver match, just sat behind a wall and tore all three apart. Love that gun.

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #162 (permalink)
MCB Member

I got the Scorpion Pistol. Fun little gun for the low health mobs.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #163 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
I got the N7 Typhoon in that pack. I gave it Stabilization Mod and AR Piercing, and it SHREDS Guardians and Atlases. I had three Atlases coming at me in a Silver match, just sat behind a wall and tore all three apart. Love that gun.
I got that gun also. Runs out of ammo quick, but packs a punch.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #164 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Does anyone use the Acolyte? I've had an Acolyte X for a while now, tried it once, and hated it. For whatever reason I decided to take it into a Platinum match and was very impressed. Two shots a Banshee's barriers and kills a phantom in three shots. Definitely a must have in Platinum for me now..
Old 11-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #165 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm back and forth with the Acolyte. At it's low levels it's not the greatest, but once you get it upgraded, it does some work on barriers. Although I wish the ROF was higher and mag was just a smidge bigger.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #166 (permalink)
Post Whore

I run the acolyte with a few characters. Its much easier to use now that they dropped the charge up part. But they slowed down its rate of fire a bit. Still a very useful gun if you're running around with a character with no quick way to strip shields quick. Also works good with ammo powers I think.

In the N7 day pack I got my Wraith, I'm happy with it. Talon might have been more fun, but I do like the Wraith. Works good on the Vanguards

I'm jealous of your Typhoons though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #167 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
I run the acolyte with a few characters. Its much easier to use now that they dropped the charge up part. But they slowed down its rate of fire a bit. Still a very useful gun if you're running around with a character with no quick way to strip shields quick. Also works good with ammo powers I think.

In the N7 day pack I got my Wraith, I'm happy with it. Talon might have been more fun, but I do like the Wraith. Works good on the Vanguards

I'm jealous of your Typhoons though.
The M-11 Wraith is my main shotgun. With a smart choke you can get some pretty long head shots with it. It doesn't have the accuracy like the Crusader, but it still delivers a tight pellet spread. Works very well for head shots. The Wraith's crosshairs are just small enough that the target's head fills the circle.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #168 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

fav gun is harrier but bc its lvl 1 its not as good as some of my other guns. Phaeston and mattock are two AR's I use the most bc they are both level X's. As for pistols I mostly use carnifex (lvl 3) and Phalanx I believe it is ,which is a lvl 6. Imo this is the best pistol simply bc of its ammo to weight to power ratio I feel it offers the best in those 3 categories. Shotguns I rarely use but on the rare occasion that I do i use the geth, graal spike or piranha. Even though majority of my shotguns are higher levels then those but just prefer those 3. Sniper rifles I use the raptor since its lvl 10, or once and a while lvl 10 Viper. Just got the indra in the last challenge pack and havnt used it yet. SMG my fav one is the tempest X, it just tears through everything and with extended mag and the mod that uses fewer shots its almost like having infinite ammo.
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #169 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just had my first game earlier where someone cursed me out for killing a lot. All I could think was "really?" I was very tempted to respond with one of three things:

you're welcome...
Better kill faster...
this is a co op game buddy....**** you back...

I hadn't been drinking so I simply said nothing in response and outscored them all by about 30k points.
I was an Asari Vanguard in Silver...what does he want me to do, sit and hide behind a bunker and stasis everything? I think not. I saved their asses on more than one occasion. This is just a bit of a rant about my first encounter with a ruder player, took me 8 months to find one.

On a happier note, I found a wonderful little build for the Phoenix Vanguard. Skip Lash, put 3 in smash, max out everything for melee and melee synergy after charge. He absolutely murders on Bronze, and does great on Silver. The poster said it works fine on gold, but honestly I'm not into trying that yet. I run him with the Wraith (yes I am running this as my mostly main shotgun now, finally got it) and an onmi shotgun blade. Slap a strength mod on him for higher level games and his heavy melee takes out just about everything you need him too.

Not quite as strong as the Adept heavy melee, but a whoooole lot easier to get close. So if you have him and haven't tried this, give it a shot. I find it fun.

I still can' quite get the hang of the Phoenix Adept yet tho. His lash never detonates a Biotic Explosion for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #170 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
Just had my first game earlier where someone cursed me out for killing a lot. All I could think was "really?" I was very tempted to respond with one of three things:

you're welcome...
Better kill faster...
this is a co op game buddy....**** you back...

I hadn't been drinking so I simply said nothing in response and outscored them all by about 30k points.
I was an Asari Vanguard in Silver...what does he want me to do, sit and hide behind a bunker and stasis everything? I think not. I saved their asses on more than one occasion. This is just a bit of a rant about my first encounter with a ruder player, took me 8 months to find one.
There is no "I" in team except for when you outscore everyone and have to carry the team through the whole match.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in