mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 03-10-2012, 05:31 AM   #51 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Game is not worth the money.

Spoiler:
People report ~18 hour total with all the side quests, ****ty combat, ****ty choices, and a terribly written ending. The story is a disappointment overall.

Seems like they fired all the good people from Bioware. Way to go.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #52 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
Game is not worth the money.
/\/\/\/A\GREED the "extras" were worth more than the game

For how much I (and everyone else) anticipated the release of this game after finishing ME2 I was honestly disappointed in the "demo" ... but figured with the "KINECT" and more actual play content I wouldn't be disappointed. The Collector's Edition made it feel like I spent $75 for the "extras" and $15 for the game ... DISAPPOINTED does not begin to describe it for me. IMO BioWare dropped the ball and caved to the lowest common player just to sell the most copies they could
- AI seemed dumbed down
- multiplayer has been meh at best(playing just to unlock stuff is BORING)
- short for such an EPIC story (content)
- "Reapers" invade I ran around for about 19 hours and got that ending <SIGH>
- It's sad the order of games IMO went downhill instead of building to a GREAT climax it started with the best and ended with a fizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #53 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Awwwwwww.....well I'm gonna start playing now anyway. My Psych prof is in love with it and I hope he's not wrong
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #54 (permalink)
Post Whore

I like it. I don't like the tweaks to the combat but I love what they've done with the story and the small details like the memorial wall on the Citadel are fantastic.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #55 (permalink)
Marla. The big Tourist...

Jesus those were the worst endings possible. He shoulda just said, GTFO kid, we can survive and not be dicks to each other, look at the quarians and geth! Cause that's what Shepards character was all about anyways.

I feel they betrayed the spirit of the first 2 games, and provided no ****ing closure to the story arc whatso ever. Sure, the Normandy is stranded on some magical planet where everybody is safe, but screw that, I was in a relationship with Jack! What the hell happened to her? To the Krogan? To anybody?

I mean, it was a phenomenal game and was the solid "Best" outta the series till the last 5 minutes where they ****ed it all to hell.

I don't even care if it sounds petty, but the last 5 minutes ruined the game. How can I replay it knowing those are the endings you get to choose?

It's 4am so im gonna say screw it an sleep, but man, Bioware ****ed up hard.

Feedback!
MAN UP! GET SOME!
SuperG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #56 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Last five minutes? You didn't think the Reapers actually GETTING TO EARTH was ****ty writing?

You spent game 1 and game 2 fighting to keep Reapers out, and game 3 starts by erasing all those efforts for the Cheapened Independence Day "post-9/11" drama?! **** that.
**** "Bioware", and **** the **** out of EA.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #57 (permalink)
Post Whore

Videogames are serious business.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #58 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Very true observation, kind sir.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #59 (permalink)
MCB Member

I really wanted to love this game, but with the lack of closure on all but shepards (and not even shepard if you get the "perfect" end) it just makes me sad. here is the thing though i do not need a happy ending (would like the option) but I would like to know what happens to the crew that I have spent dozens of hours with in the previous games. If this was a movie and i just wasted 90 min eh dont care but after 26 HRS in the first game 30 in the second and 23 in the last I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO MY CREW!!! I dont need a movie cinematic or extra gameplay I would be happy with a wall of text but no. you just get that one message about being a legend at the end and no matter what choices you made its the same message, and I feel like their rubbing your nose in it when in their message it mentions DLC to continue the story seriously all those hours of game play all those choices all that character development and it comes down to Shepard is a legend and please buy our stuff.

and one more thing. in ME1 I saved the council and made Anderson the human representative so what the hell is Udena doing up there. Without spoiling anything too much literally the entire game could have changed if this (the main decision in ME1) was respected. or what if I had killed the council then what? hummm (hangs head) ...... no words to describe sinking feeling from thinking about it.

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."

Last edited by tjd10684; 03-12-2012 at 09:19 PM.
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #60 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
I am also noticing that aside from dialogue your choices don't seem to have affected all that much

I put in almost 300 hours of combined gameplay into 1 and 2 for what -____-
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in