mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 02-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

PlanetSide 2 and PC Gamer

Just got this month's issue of PC Gamer (can't remember what month it's for, has PlanetSide 2 on the cover), and they have an in-depth preview of PS2 in it AND a key to get into the closed beta... whenever that finally comes out. You enter in the key and give 'em your email address, and they email you when it's ready to go.

Now, I never got into the original PlanetSide, mostly because I am still not convinced that paying full price for a game and then a monthly fee on top of it is worth my money, but I did like the thought of it - huge open world, three factions, and little limitations on what the players can do to each other. Vehicles. Bunch of different weapons. The new PS2 looks to have all of the above, but they're already talking about it being F2P. This one and Firefall (no, still haven't gotten in their beta... but new computer will be in about 2 weeks from now, and I will at that point) are both ones I'm looking forward to.

Anyone else?

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
I win, 8==bd==8

Send a message via AIM to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via MSN to Bunker-Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Bunker-Monkey

CCM Fan
I am a planetside junkie.. and I am waiting with baited breath to play this new version.

Bunker

I would like to thank beer for paintball ::: AKA proudly sponsored by SHIPYARD ALE

---------------------------
Nothing is stylish in the deadbox. - NSGSplatmaster
No matter how hot she is, somewhere there is a man that is sick of her ****. - ChaplainBane

The Bunker Monkey Wish List... help me fill it!

Bunker-Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

(yeah, yeah, thread necromancy, drive on)

Got my beta key in email last Friday, but didn't see it until today (I don't check that account often), so guess what's getting installed on my gaming rig tonight? PvP is not my normal thing, but this one looks like it could be interesting due to the scope. We'll see if they can handle the server load of a couple hundred players per side showing up somewhere at the same time.

My feedback
Old 09-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

anyone else here on MCB thinking of playing PS2?
If so, which faction?
-=ArchAngel=- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to indyjrt

CCM Fan
Anyone playing?? It's free to play on Steam.
"Lastly, there are numerous psychological effects of the use of stock class equipment. Because of the inherent rate of fire limitation, many stock class players put significant effort and emphasis on the development of marksmanship skills." - From Wikipedia

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
indyjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
60% More bullet

I am, I have no freaking idea what I'm doing though. I just like to get up on a hill and watch the battles, its like I'm watching a movie, it's amazing!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to indyjrt

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
I am, I have no freaking idea what I'm doing though. I just like to get up on a hill and watch the battles, its like I'm watching a movie, it's amazing!
My steam name is indyjrt add me...
"Lastly, there are numerous psychological effects of the use of stock class equipment. Because of the inherent rate of fire limitation, many stock class players put significant effort and emphasis on the development of marksmanship skills." - From Wikipedia

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
indyjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Surprised there aren't more people talking about this on here.

Fun little game, especially for something that is free. I am kind of worried about their business model, as I would have expected some kind of ad tie in for full free players. Would suck to see it end up closing its doors in a few years because cash flow is lower than they were looking for.

I enjoy it, assuming the game isn't lagging badly as one would expect a 400+ person fire fight to do, but they really REALLY need to work on their information flow design. The bio Dome attacks are really just a bad joke, as you will get 30-50 defenders taking on 200-400 players, where a few will stay down in the shielded area below the dome, the majority of the attackers will sit there doing nothing but firing at the shield trying to bring it down/kill the people on the other side, then you don't have enough people actually attacking to really DO anything.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
I played the first one. I beta tested this one. I would rather pay the monthly fee to play the first one again than play this one. On that note I did not enjoy it at all.
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Never played the first one, and played the beta of PS2 for about a day. I would probably like it a lot more if I was already a part of a guild/clan/army/whatnot and we could all go out together on missions, but the lone wolf that I am makes for a lot of suckage in PS2. You can't really affect anything by your lonesome, and you're going to die a lot trying.

My feedback

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in