mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 04-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Anyone use TargetPhoto.com or Walmart photo center?

I am pricing printing my own photos for our baby book and cartridges for my Epson PictureMate run more per photo than some of these digital labs. Has anyone used Target, Walmart, etc to have prints delivered or picked up in store? Good, bad, or indifferent experience? Thanks for your time!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Have you tried shutterfly.com? They can do more than just prints, but it would be another place to look into for pricing. Quality work for what I've ordered and seen before.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Man in Tights

I've had seriously bad experiences with those Walmart machines :| tried to scan a bunch of old photos for my girlfriend to surprise her with a digital frame full of pictures of her friends, family and us....machine failed something like 3 or 4 times....after scanning 95% of the photos, it would just freeze and I'd restart :|
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Have you tried shutterfly.com? They can do more than just prints, but it would be another place to look into for pricing. Quality work for what I've ordered and seen before.
No I haven't looked into Shutterfly, but I will. I didn't even think to check if Photobucket offers similar services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrinkh20 View Post
I've had seriously bad experiences with those Walmart machines :| tried to scan a bunch of old photos for my girlfriend to surprise her with a digital frame full of pictures of her friends, family and us....machine failed something like 3 or 4 times....after scanning 95% of the photos, it would just freeze and I'd restart :|
That's just it, I won't go into the store to use the machines. Both Target and Walmart have services where you upload the pics and they can either mail them to you or you can go pick them up in store. Thanks for the advice on the self serve machines though!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

shutterfly is awesome! they are almost always running specials and the work is pretty good. my cousin has a pretty large portrait collage of her daughter that i shot on her wall and it looks better than stuff from target. i would definately reccomend them.
Dallas NotoRious #77
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Mich View Post
So very tempting. Let me weigh the cost/benefits between paying rent or buying a _____.
Big Daddy Cool is watching you...

feedback-here
feedback-CC
feedback-PbN
77monteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

CVS has an online upload service too. Select a store to print them at and go pick them up. Again, just another option.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

the Walmart Noritsu printers are nice units

i use online uploading and print to the closest Walmart

Digital photo lab profiles
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

but main issue with walmart is if you ever want to put stuff on cd or dvd they want you to use there program to open them. i heard great things and bad thing about walmart photo lab it all depends on what you want done. from 4 walmarts i done remodel or as temp stock work. i would here many mix reviews from them. only thing i know there good for is just basic photo stuff. other then that its down to how they have working at center and if will to install there program to use there files.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Only problem I ever had with them (Walmart) is them questioning if they were professional or not. We bought a DVD from a studio (Kiddie Kandids or something)and was told we could have them printed.

We ordered them at Walmart and when they were done they said they needed a waiver from the studio. We had never heard of it and neither did the studio. We ended up getting one but they would not release the photos until we got one.

The next time I had pictures printed I took them in and was questioned because I took a very nice picture and they assumed it was a professional and wanted a waiver. I had to prove it was my backyard and I took it with a point and shoot.

Probably just my local Walmart but I'll never go through that hassle again

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mind Your Manners

Walmart, Target, et al. are going to have poor QC. Chances are nobody has been running control or emulsion tests, so colors and density will be janky as hell. Kodak labs apply a base set of post-processing to every image as well (A fixed contrast/brightness "enhancement" plus sharpening, I guess to help offset most people's crappy SOOC pictures).
Mike Deep is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in