mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 04-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Best Buy should be one of your last options. The people they employ are as bright as a burnt out light bulb. Most don't even know the products they are selling and will try to feed bad info just to sell the product. Walmart is even worst. Crutchfield is the best option still. If need be use Best Buy as your showroom
Dysturbed87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Well, I went to Crutchfield and I have to give them props! I ordered a cheap radio from dual, a wiring harness and a mounting kit (faceplate adapter). wen I got it I started looking into the wiring and realised they sent me the wrong harness. I made a phone call to them and in a matter of minutes they had the correct harness found and shipped to me free of charge. I got it the next day and they didn't even ask for the incorrect one back.

Things went reasonably well once I had the wiring figured out (wiring diagram for my 26 year old truck was the issue) I realised one of my speakers was not even hooked up at the speaker. I fixed that, but it eventually failed permanently.

Sunday I ordered some 4" speakers from them to replace my dash speakers and got them 50% off ( got in on the last day of the sale) and when they arrived today they included all the literature and mounting brackets I needed for free! They even sent me 2 pigtail plugs to hook them up, which unfortunately will not work with my truck; but they were free! I'll hang on to them for use later when I install rear speakers.

Crutchfield was a great recommendation and they gave me GREAT service. Thanks for sending me there! I am no longer forced to listen to radio Disney (unless, of course, my kids are in the car.)
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Glad you got what you wanted and everything works
Dysturbed87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fear the Beer!

Yes. Crutchfield is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Comparing a SP product to a CCM is like comparing dog crap to Lemon Meriegn Pie.
forstgump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Cruthfield is good, but all that 'free' stuff isn't free. You already paid for it.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Really? I didn't order it, and though they were on my invoice, they were marked "FREE."
Old 10-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
WCP Scenario Paintball

He's just saying that you paid a higher price for the head unit and speakers to offset the gimme wiring harness etc. Good luck with those dash speakers - they sucked when I did them on my '85 Bronco II.
Chooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I think I got a fair price on the head unit(Amazon had the ehad unit maybe $7 cheaper), and the speakers were on sale. They may not be the best (I'm not looking to build an amazing system), but they sound much better than the one dead, and one 26 year old speaker I had.

Maybe you meant putting them in sucked? It was a bit of a pain, but an offset screwdriver helped. I still have the one I bought some 30 odd years ago to take the rear screw out of the grip frame of my PGP.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
WCP Scenario Paintball

Yeah I meant the installation
Chooie is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in