mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
Electro Food

Horses? Robots? Have they really emptied their idea bin that much?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Haven't u seen Cowboys vs Aliens? Ain't that much of a stretch lol
Old 05-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
whargarbl

Alex Mason is back in the 1980s levels. His son David is supposed to be the protagonist in 2025. Frank woods is supposedly the narrator. And the single player has a sort of "Choose your Adventure" feel be letting you decide your objectives. I'm all for more replay value.
BlitzkriegUDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:36 AM   #34 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Talk about a big change up there. I'm disappointed in some ways. Black Ops gave us just a taste of what treyarch is capable of when looking into some odd things, and Vietnam actually. For some reason that territory was never really touched. We had a battlefield mod for it, but very few games actually based in that era(shell shock series. *shudder*).

This looks dated, badly. It's completely true that all recent COD games havent had any real graphics improvements, and I was wiling to let that go for a more enjoyable 'Micheal Bay' campaign, but this? This might be it for Trayarch.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Hot off the press...

"Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 GAMEPLAY" - Extended Footage & Breakdown - COD BO2 Official E3 2012 HD - YouTube

Yeahh.... thats an X-ray scope... no not thermal..... x-ray....
Old 06-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Why are you guys complaining about "no graphic improvements"? Its on a console. The games are already basically maxing out the capabilities of current gen consoles. Until new consoles come out, we're not going to see much, if anything, in the way of better graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
thats why i bring my own balls. and if they dont play nice, i play with myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Mar, I want to fondle your wood.
Zapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:36 AM   #37 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Unwilling never buy an Infinity Ward made CoD again. Every time they make it it gets worse. CoD MW3 was the worse one made. CoD Black Ops was the best for multiplayer. It actually involved skill and it showed. They took away stupid stuff like being able to no scope, worrying about having either stopping power or juggernaut, and made assault rifles assault rifles and smgs smgs. Infinity Ward reverted it back to complete ****. So while I haven't even touched CoD in forever, ill probably get this. Don't care for storylines or any of that.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #38 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
Hot off the press...

"Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 GAMEPLAY" - Extended Footage & Breakdown - COD BO2 Official E3 2012 HD - YouTube

Yeahh.... thats an X-ray scope... no not thermal..... x-ray....
Yeah but you also never know what's going to carry over into multi player. Besides, Treyarch included Thermal in multi but it was so hard to use successfully that to be honest, I've never seen anyone use it in any killcam I ever watched (and I tend to watch them all). Compare that to MW2 where everyone and their mother used the Thermal scope..

Sadly though the campaign looks like pretty much more of the same... I hate those stupid scripted action sequences like where he jumps onto the hood of the AA vehicle and nearly slides off. IMO, leave the cinematics to cutscenes. Tactics and AI didn't really look all that impressive either but to be honest at this point I'm not expecting much out of any COD title, regardless of developer. I'm mostly on board for this solely because of the new and enlarged Zombies features.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:09 AM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0UN1N View Post
Why are you guys complaining about "no graphic improvements"? Its on a console. The games are already basically maxing out the capabilities of current gen consoles. Until new consoles come out, we're not going to see much, if anything, in the way of better graphics.
the thing is that they havent maxed out. There are many other games that have maxed out in terms of graphics, but it doesnt look like the COD series has. After MW2, its pretty safe to say that no graphical improvements were made. In fact, many would say that BO was a step back. In the graphics side of things, COD still has a lot of room for improvement.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
the thing is that they havent maxed out. There are many other games that have maxed out in terms of graphics, but it doesnt look like the COD series has. After MW2, its pretty safe to say that no graphical improvements were made. In fact, many would say that BO was a step back. In the graphics side of things, COD still has a lot of room for improvement.
Right. There are other games out there that look so much better on consoles than the COD series. It might be true to say that they've maxed out the capabilities of the graphics engine they are using. And that I would believe, seeing as they've been using it since COD4. But look at games like the Uncharted series, Killzone, and others to see what this generation of consoles is capable of. COD can look a lot better before it starts maxing out the console. The game engine is the bottleneck.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in