mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 05-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
It's Tuesday!!! Time to lift.

Lifting tonight, followed by an easy jog, then followed by Whey protein.

I've found that if I have the whey protein after I workout, my muscles just don't get sore. Maybe a little, but nothing like they would.

Leg workout, squats at 255 tonight.

Speed workout at the track tomorrow.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

CCM Fan
potassium helps to reduce muscle soreness too, so I usually blend banana in my protein shake
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
HI = A Pumper's Paradise

Send a message via AIM to 808raoul

AKA Fan
If you add some carbs to your whey it will help shuttle the protein into your system faster.

Also don't forget to follow up with a meal consisting of protein and complex carbs an hour or so after you drink your whey. This will further help with your recovery.

Anybody gots to sell:
-Line SI Bushmaster Pointman handle
-Racegun Halfblock Backblock (newer ver.)
808raoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Really? I usually don't eat afterwards. I have dinner, rest, and workout a few hours later. I prefer to workout in the evenings.

So I'll just have a nice protein shake. Probably why I was having issue before by only having water.

I'll experiment here and there and report back with results.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
HI = A Pumper's Paradise

Send a message via AIM to 808raoul

AKA Fan
The reasoning behind the meal is that whey is digested pretty fast and you don't want you body to go catabolic. Some people will drink whey but not follow up with a meal and will lose their potential gains cause they are not feeding their muscles.

I too am training in the evening these days. I find it hard to eat my followup meal since it's so close to sleep time.

whey isolate = within an hour or so.
whey concentrate = 2 to 3 hours.
Casein = up to 6 hours or so.
Usually most mainstream whey drinks are a blend of concentrate and isolate.

Anybody gots to sell:
-Line SI Bushmaster Pointman handle
-Racegun Halfblock Backblock (newer ver.)
808raoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Well, it was a successful workout. 255 lb squats (working my way back up over 300 again) were no problem.

Bench was 190

and upright rows were 60 lbs <-- My right shoulder has a tear in it, so I have to take it easy. I'm slowly working that back up to 100 lbs again. It was ok, but the yard work and ditch digging around the house has swollen and aggravated my right shoulder. It's a dull pain, but I'd rather it not be there before I really push it.

Scale tipped at 196.9 this morning. Looking forward to being back into the college days of those 180's.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
ala koskaan anna periksi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
A great source of Casein is cottage cheese as well, I eat about 1 and half cups before bed, and when I'm at work and I know I wont have time to sit and eat one my 6 daily meals lol.

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Helghast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Prime Tinkerer Tech II

Send a message via Yahoo to phosphor

I can only choke down so much cottage cheese in a regular routine before I feel like barfing. Another negative aspect of the cottage cheese (and milk) are the inadvertent sugars you ingest. I usually go with the casien powder ingestion (with water) literally right before I go to bed to get the most out of recovery.

In the morning, the first thing is to drink a tall glass of ice-cold water - should be right after you take the morning piss. This was hard for me to do at first. Quickly get dressed, make a BCAA potion in a shaker (sip on that throughout the workout) and scoop out some regular protein/carb powder in a ziplock and put it in another shaker. Take that immediately after the workout is complete then head home for some real food. Don't forget the multi's.

There's allot more than just this (and this is my early morning routine - best time to burn a bit of extra fat), but it's a good foundation for pre/post recovery.
'I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.' Ben Franklin
phosphor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Since I'm doing a mass routine I'm aiming for 1.5 g/lb of bodyweight of protein, and 2g/lb of carbs. That's a LOT of supplements, a LOT of food, and plenty of "oh god I don't want to eat right now"
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Prime Tinkerer Tech II

Send a message via Yahoo to phosphor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJimmy666 View Post
Since I'm doing a mass routine I'm aiming for 1.5 g/lb of bodyweight of protein, and 2g/lb of carbs. That's a LOT of supplements, a LOT of food, and plenty of "oh god I don't want to eat right now"
Ya, your about right in the 1.5 ratio - some do 2, but we're all different on what works best. When I plateaued from my mainly atkins diet (stopped losing bf or gaining mass), I completely overhauled from a 1500 - 1800 cal diet to a whooping 4800. It jump started the fat loss again and muscle gains quickly. I say all this because I concur on the 'please god, not another bite' feelings. I spread my 'meals' about every 2 - 2.5 hours w/ 6-7 meals a day total.
'I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.' Ben Franklin
phosphor is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in