mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 05-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Amazon.com: Opteka 650-2600mm High Definition Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon EOS 1D, 5D, 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, Rebel XT, XTi, XS, XSi, T1i, T2i, T3 and T3i Digital SLR Cameras: Electronics

Yes it is "cheap" glass, it is completely manual which is one of the reasons why I like mine so much. Picture quality with no post processing (PP) is well... just look at the photo below. It is not for everyone, and like most others have said you will find better deals and get better quality "glass" buying used. Im just posting this as an option because I knew what I was buying in the first place, I am fine with the quality of the photos and I have fun using it.

EDIT:

I have had mine for about 2 years now.
Oh, and you are going to need a tripod, it is a heavy and hard to focus while holding it with your hands .

Found a more in focus photo with no PP
Attachment 32479

no PP, 200 ISO
Attachment 32477

A closer shot of the moon with Some PP, mostly sharpening
Attachment 32478

Last edited by Rymzor; 03-08-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Rymzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Un Tico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymzor View Post
Amazon.com: Opteka 650-2600mm High Definition Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon EOS 1D, 5D, 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, Rebel XT, XTi, XS, XSi, T1i, T2i, T3 and T3i Digital SLR Cameras: Electronics

Yes it is "cheap" glass, it is completely manual which is one of the reasons why I like mine so much. Picture quality with no post processing (PP) is well... just look at the photo below. It is not for everyone, and like most others have said you will find better deals and get better quality "glass" buying used. Im just posting this as an option because I knew what I was buying in the first place, I am fine with the quality of the photos and I have fun using it.

EDIT:

I have had mine for about 2 years now.
Oh, and you are going to need a tripod, it is a heavy and hard to focus while holding it with your hands .

Found a more in focus photo with no PP
Attachment 32479

no PP, 200 ISO
Attachment 32477

A closer shot of the moon with Some PP, mostly sharpening
Attachment 32478

Mmmmm one of those would be fun. I have a hawk nesting in a tree near by, that just might be what I am looking for to take pictures of it. also have some crows nesting a few trees over and any time the hawk flies to close they dive bomb it.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in