mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 05-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Best Game AI

Since there's a thread on bad game AI, why not have one on the good games.

I'd have to vote for most of the metal gear games. Sure the soldiers get bored and give up looking for you after a few minutes, even witha dead body laying there, the inbetween part is prety good. When a soldier sees my footprints in the snow, follows them to the vent i'm hiding in, spots me then instantly tosses a grenade into the vent, that's prety freaking good.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've always been an FPS gamer, and I'd have to go with the Halo series. Since Halo CE, it changed my perception of shooter games, where before I could just lure enemies to a bottle neck and mow them down, the AI in this game seems to be a lot smarter.

Enemies with reduced shields will retreat and get behind solid cover to regenerate shields, they will try to outflank you, make use of turrets and vehicles that YOU left lying about: in one occasion I jumped off a Warthog and moved to engage, only to find that some alien had climbed onto the gunner turret!

Click for HD Headcam + Guncam paintball videos!
Megatron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

I'd have to go with the Arma 2 "bots" are pretty intelligent.ive only had the pleasure of playing the game once or twice before but the ai constantly surprise me with their tact. Hopefully I'll be able to play it more soon. There's a slightly old gaming rig that needs to be rebuilt when we move that I could get back up to date.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oldbie

ARMA 2 AI are great, unless they're the ones on your team. lol
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
ARMA 2 AI are great, unless they're the ones on your team. lol

Point. lol
Old 05-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oldbie

Truthfully though they are capable of amazing feats, considering all that they are asked to do. AI mods help too, but how they perform honestly just comes down to your processor.
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
abide

Max Payne 3 has pretty good A.I ive been noticing the enemies making pretty good use of cover and moving smartly
Old 05-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron1 View Post
I've always been an FPS gamer, and I'd have to go with the Halo series. Since Halo CE, it changed my perception of shooter games, where before I could just lure enemies to a bottle neck and mow them down, the AI in this game seems to be a lot smarter.

Enemies with reduced shields will retreat and get behind solid cover to regenerate shields, they will try to outflank you, make use of turrets and vehicles that YOU left lying about: in one occasion I jumped off a Warthog and moved to engage, only to find that some alien had climbed onto the gunner turret!
I agree/disagree. H3/ODST AI was pretty easy to figure out. Those games aren't really a challenge unless you play it on Legendary with a boatload of skulls on.

CE and Reach though are pretty challenging. Reach on Legendary with skulls on is pretty stinkin' hard, and additional players don't always make it easier. I love how they re-did the damage, etc. calculations when you add players or ramp up the difficulty. They actually get smarter, and they ramp up damage and reaction times and stuff too. Not like H3 where they just gave the enemies more health.

glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Barned

Ghost recon future soldier. Your teammates are actually really smart. They shout out enemy positions to you and rush right to you if you get healed.. Also don't give away your position anymore.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

I have to say the AI in Left 4 Dead and L4D2 - but not the individual zombie AI, the AI Director. I love how it can ramp up the difficulty or tone it down whether you're playing well or having an off day.

The problem with America is that we confuse our politics for religion, and our religions for science.

Check out my current sale and my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in