mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   Magoo's Public Records: Cycling (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/205334-magoos-public-records-cycling.html)

Magoo 06-13-2012 05:18 AM

Magoo's Public Records: Cycling

Week 1

Total Distance: 29.32 mi

Total Time Riding (h:m:s): 2:20:40

Weekly Average Speed: 12.72 mph

* Notes: This week was an anomaly. On Friday, I rode 14.77 mi.

Week 2

Total Distance: 25.75 mi

Total Time Riding (h:m:s): 2:07:02

Weekly Average Speed: 12.50 mph

* Notes: Only got two days of riding in. Worked 12 hours (to 5 a.m.) on Monday and Friday. I now feel capable of riding for 45 min. to 1 hr. each night. Overall averages expected to increase.

Yomillio 06-13-2012 07:36 AM

Hey man, good luck. Your thread might inspire me to follow suit with cycling... something I keep meaning to start and never end up doing. Time to hop on the wagon!

Magoo 06-23-2012 09:08 AM

I might as well update, kinda.

Week one was spent trying to find time to get my bike into the shop to get a new chain. Yay, warranty work.

Week two, I got hit with 12 hours at work. Going in at 4:30p and getting off at 5:00a knocks the will to do ANYTHING out of you. I'm going to try to start again this week. The ball has been fumbled, but I think I can recover it...

Magoo 08-14-2012 05:17 AM

Needless to say, the ball was dropped. Got back on the bike again. Hoping to get back in it for the long haul. Still can only do about 5 miles with an average speed of 13.5 MPH. I'll edit this post with the week's average numbers on Friday.

I'm kinda ashamed I let it slip...

I feel I should mention, that is continual riding, pushing myself, with a ~30 sec. stop for hydration at the end of each lap. My 5 miles is about 3 laps. I THINK I'm doing this "exercise" thing right...

Kermit 08-14-2012 08:30 AM

Subbed.

Good on you man. I'm getting into cycling as well. Saving up for that new road bike right now.

Kermit 08-14-2012 06:07 PM

This thread actually inspired me to go for a ride this afternoon. Just got back after a 4 mile ride. Not too bad, the weather was perfect(overcast and windy) for a short ride. Going to cycle more often.

Magoo 08-15-2012 05:22 AM

Great! I love it when I get a ball rolling for someone else. Plus, these kinds of posts keep me inspired to push on myself.

Speaking of which, today kicked my butt. I don't know what happened, I did my usual 3 laps around my neighborhood (5 mi. for the total run), with a short hydration break on the start of each lap, but my average speed was 2 MPH slower, and I felt like I was gonna die. Yesterday got me, for sure, but today GOT me. Maybe I'm still fatigued from yesterday.

Oh well, tomorrow (Wednesday) is my rest day, so we'll see what Thursday brings.

Kermit 08-16-2012 06:14 PM

6 miles today. Dang, this is fun. I feel great :)

Magoo 08-17-2012 05:50 AM

You got me beat. My 5 mi. is killing me.

If you're interested, and have one of them smart phone whatcha-ma-jiggers, you can download a free app called "Map My Ride." It uses the phones GPS to keep track of average speed, average rate, distance rode and calories burned. Since you are counting miles, I figure you are using a GPS of some sort already, though.

Kermit 08-17-2012 11:24 AM

I just drove 3 miles in my car(according to TomTom) to see how far it was, and I ride that and back. I'll definitely look into that app!