mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

not sure what causing my computer to over heat

for some reason my computer is over heating. i got message from load up screen. now when i turn it on i hear small clicking noise not sure what causing it. i have liquid cool fan system too. here the deal. i never messed with liquid cool fan system before. how do yo u go about in clean it out or messing with it if your computer is over heating. looks like i have XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

Last edited by chrislognshot; 08-22-2012 at 01:05 PM.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to o_nothing

Try using a can of air and blow everything out first

O NOtHING
Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
for some reason my computer is over heating. i got message from load up screen. now when i turn it on i hear small clicking noise not sure what causing it. i have liquid cool fan system too. here the deal. i never messed with liquid cool fan system before. how do yo u go about in clean it out or messing with it if your computer is over heating.
Do you clean out your reservoir? It's possible that you might have an algae or mineral build up in your lines.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

If blowing all your cooling fins clean doesn't do the trick, try reseating all heat-sinks. You very well could have a void in your thermal paste causing poor heat transfer.

What is the exact warning you're being given? Could also be a bad sensor, they're not flawless.

Another issue that I've seen with liquid cooling is having your pump's impeller shred itself, or having something gum up a connector and restrict flow. Air pockets can also give you problems. What water cooling system are you using? You haven't forgotten to keep it topped up with fluid, have you?
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

how does one go about in removing clamp with out breaking small clamps. also cost for coolant. also do i need to remove whole thing from mother board or can just take part of it off and replace it. first time i ever used one. so i need the best option to fix it. or i just take to local computer store that not best buy or staples to get it fixed. not sure how hard it is to remove the system to clean out lines and replace fluid with out harming the chip. also not sure if just power supply acting up since it could cause liquid cooling system to fail too. also if it is the power supply could i use same wire in there buy more powerfull one since i have 850watt. was thinking about going to 1000watt one so if i ever up grade my graphics card down then line i would be fine.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in